Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

The Notebook

Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 124 reader reviews for The Notebook

anna (03/27/07)

the best
This was a very good book it is the best by Nicholas Sparks.
Sammi (02/23/07)

The Notebook
This has been the best book that I have read all year. I reccomend this to all the readers out there. Nicholas Sparks is a great author and I would love to read all of his books.
eliud (10/25/06)

the notebook is a compelling and sad love story
This story is great and at the same time I have never read another like it. This story will touch the heart of millions out there is it has touched mine. I have yet to finish but even without knowing the ending I just know the the ending will be just as good as the whole story continues.
Samantha (10/15/06)

A Work of Literate Art
This book inspires generations with its exceptional experiences. Just calling it a “book” seems inadequate compared to the work of literature it truly is. If your looking for a novel that will churn your emotions and most of all, make you cry for the characters then pick up this book and take it into your own hands to read and experience deep emotion.
Danz (08/18/06)

LOVE IT
The notebook is a wonderfull book as a student we have to read many books and most of this seems as a chore but i loved this book and it pulled me in right from the start, i couldn't stop reading it. The plot is so classical but is written in a new way. I love it!
Krissy (08/16/06)

Good
I think this book is a great love story, but I am not much on reading and I do not enjoy book inwhich I feel like I am reading, but the words just skim through my mind, and do not really grab me at all. I felt this way reading this book, but over all i geuss it's good.
scruncho (08/06/06)

reliving the past
after i read the notbook i couldnt stop crying for days!!!!!! and then a walk to remember and it happened again i am now reading a message in a bottle and i would like to say not once in all my years has one man been able to captivate and touch me and in the ways nicholas sparks has. I will always hold his work in a place tht no one has ever seen I thank you soo much sparkie for opening my eyes to the unthinkable.
anonymous (05/10/06)

WOW!
I am a high school student therefore we do MANY book reviews. I have come to realize that The Notebook by Nicholal Sparks is one of the most enjoyed by many of my peers. THe story of true and unending love is so uplifting. THough points in the story may be sad and heartbreaking, we all know that true love never ends, and in turn know that the ending of the story is a hppy one. Sparks view of this true love is but an exquisite and perfect example.

• Book Jacket: Calypso
    Calypso
    by David Sedaris
    David Sedaris' Calypso is every bit as hilarious and irreverent, as clever and incisive, as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Word Is Murder
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
    Driving Miss Norma
    by Ramie Liddle, Tim Bauerschmidt

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E