Reader reviews and comments on The Notebook, plus links to write your own review.

by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 1996, 214 pages
    Dec 1999, 226 pages

There are currently 122 reader reviews for The Notebook

eliud (10/25/06)

the notebook is a compelling and sad love story
This story is great and at the same time I have never read another like it. This story will touch the heart of millions out there is it has touched mine. I have yet to finish but even without knowing the ending I just know the the ending will be just as good as the whole story continues.
Samantha (10/15/06)

A Work of Literate Art
This book inspires generations with its exceptional experiences. Just calling it a “book” seems inadequate compared to the work of literature it truly is. If your looking for a novel that will churn your emotions and most of all, make you cry for the characters then pick up this book and take it into your own hands to read and experience deep emotion.
Danz (08/18/06)

The notebook is a wonderfull book as a student we have to read many books and most of this seems as a chore but i loved this book and it pulled me in right from the start, i couldn't stop reading it. The plot is so classical but is written in a new way. I love it!
Krissy (08/16/06)

I think this book is a great love story, but I am not much on reading and I do not enjoy book inwhich I feel like I am reading, but the words just skim through my mind, and do not really grab me at all. I felt this way reading this book, but over all i geuss it's good.
scruncho (08/06/06)

reliving the past
after i read the notbook i couldnt stop crying for days!!!!!! and then a walk to remember and it happened again i am now reading a message in a bottle and i would like to say not once in all my years has one man been able to captivate and touch me and in the ways nicholas sparks has. I will always hold his work in a place tht no one has ever seen I thank you soo much sparkie for opening my eyes to the unthinkable.
anonymous (05/10/06)

I am a high school student therefore we do MANY book reviews. I have come to realize that The Notebook by Nicholal Sparks is one of the most enjoyed by many of my peers. THe story of true and unending love is so uplifting. THough points in the story may be sad and heartbreaking, we all know that true love never ends, and in turn know that the ending of the story is a hppy one. Sparks view of this true love is but an exquisite and perfect example.
Alicia (03/15/06)

The Notebook
This book is the best book I've EVER read that was a love story. I recommend this book to all girls. No matter if you believe in love or not ...this book inspires me! I could read this book again,and again because it was that good!!!!!!
?? (09/12/05)

The Notebook
it was the best book eva!!

• Book Jacket: The Mothers
    The Mothers
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson
  • Book Jacket: Mercury
    by Margot Livesey
    Margot Livesey explores the moneyed suburbs of Boston and creates a modern morality tale chronicling...

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.