Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Candie Dingman

hey,
I have read your books and i am very sorry that you had to go through that and no child should ever have to go through that i also think that you are a awsome person for getting help when you needed it and for coming out and telling the world what you have went through that takes a lot of courage and i thank you for sharing your life story with me and the rest of the world.
Candie Dingman

AWESOME BOOK

A great tale of a boy who is in the adolescense of a life and struggles with everything we have to, on top of everything else! you deserve eveyrhting in the world Dave!

God be with you
hollie

It is a very moving book.
it's so sad, while reading in science my eyes started watering. love hollie
aho

I read this book with a teacher and classmates everyone wanted to read more. The class loved it, i thought that what dave's mother did to him wasn't right. i loved the book, the child called "it". that is the most sadest thing i ever read in my life. *sobbs*
Drey

If you buy this book in the stores, it should come with a big pack of tissues. It can even make a rock melt. Imagine you in Dave's position. It's almost unbelievable how he managed to escape it all. I also read 'A Child Called "It"' and 'A Man Named Dave' These books very heart-braking. He managed to survive throught those hard conditions- with all those beatings and everything. It even hurts to think about it.

This is the most powerful book i have ever read. I never knew how good i had it until i read it. I cried so many times. This is a vary good book.
Ian

i have read all of your books and i think that the most powerful was A Child Called it, i think that you have put up with a lot of stuff.

make a lot more books please

i like to read them

sinceley Ian

ps: i have to do an In depth Book Study.
******

Your books are awesome they are really sad and I couldn't of went through all the stuff you did. I am glad my friends told me about your books. They are the best books I have ever read. I am going to read the other too to. And if you come out with more I will probly read them to. They are so sad I cryed so much I have never cryed that much over a book but this was real stuff that happen to you and that is really sad and I couldn't have done it. Take care and enjoy the rest of your life. Love, Me

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...
  • Book Jacket: No One Is Talking About This
    No One Is Talking About This
    by Patricia Lockwood
    If anyone knows the ins and outs of living online, it's Patricia Lockwood. Before her stellar memoir...
  • Book Jacket: A Thousand Ships
    A Thousand Ships
    by Natalie Haynes
    Recent years have seen a trend in reinventions of Greek myths and legends, some from the ...

Black Widows
    by Cate Quinn

A brilliant joyride in the company of three sister-wives with nothing in common except their dead husband.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis