What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Kayla Williams

IT WAS A GREAT BOOK!!
Tia Marie

I truly believe that this book touched my inner soul. Even though, im a bit young i still believe that i have a voice and with that voice i want 2 voice my opinion. Dave discuss the points that i view everyday people take for granted. It makes people, like me, rethink life.Even though my own parents are foster parents and everyday i see them care more about others than theirselves.I still saw some aspects i don't see in my life .Whether im sheltered i don't know but i do know that this book helped me reach myself and imagine how i would have been in your shoes.
Sincerely,
Tia Marie

Dear Dave, I have already commented on your book "The lost Boy", but this time i'm writing to you. Mr. Pelzer, I am a seventeen year-old senior in high school. After reading "A Child called it" I felt more aware about what happens to those children who actually fear for their lives in their own homes. I read the book "Before women had wings", and I thought that, that book displayed a horrific show of abuse. it wasn't until this year when I read "A child called it", and then "The Lost Boy" that I realized that those books had displayed abuse the worst. I then found out later that this was based on a true story, your story.
I don't want to say i'm sorry for what happened because you have heard it enough. You are now a successful man, with a career as well as a family who probably doesn't know what they would do without you, so instead of saying sorry, I would like to say "Thank You". Thank you for making the world of readers aware that abuse does happen, but it doesn't have to get you down! -Thanks again, Tiffany Jackson.
TiffanyJ

This book was so sad, i felt so bad for the little boy that felt that no one loved him. After reading "A Child called it" I had to read the sequel to find out what happens to the lost little boy. Everyone should read this book, for the real taste of reality that surrounds those children who are being abused!
Tania

This book should make you cry. The things that child had to go through, it just makes me sick that someone could be so horrible. I am really sorry to the man that had to live that life. I wish you all the luck in the world. God Bless You.
Bobbi

Hey,
this is a great book and everyone should read it. It talks about foster homes , abuse and loving family's. It made me cry because the book is so powerful.
Your shorty,
Bobbi
kelseyrose

This book is the best book I ever read. I really felt for you dave anyone and everyone should read this book. You were such a strong boy im so sorry that you had to go through that pain. Sometimes I think I have it bad when im being yelled at or grounded then I think of you and am blessed that I dont get severe torture. You really made a difference in my life. You inspired me to try anything because after reading your books I have come to belive that you can live through anythhing you want. I am shocked that your father a grown man would not stick up for you. I felt bad for you when in the books he would just leave you. Im 12 years old and my father is not around very often but I still love him more than life itself so I can comprehend how you still loved your father greatly even after he walked out on you. I think what your mother did to you is so awful sometimes it made me want to cry. Your books have touched thousands of people very deeply.
Mandy

Dave,
I think The Lost Boy book was very good. I am really sorry you had to go through that. And foster homes should not have thought of you as different they should have accepeted you as you are. I know I would have. But you are very heroic and you have alot of courage. You suffered through alot with your mother and I just wish you the best in the future! You are a true Hero!

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

What is the weight of the stories we choose to tell...and the burdens of those we hide?

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis