What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Jill

a very good, true storied book that is full of thrill and excitement. one of the best books i have ever read. i am looking forward to reading the 5th book of Dave's and encorage all readers to take time to read all his books.
Abby

This was a great book. I am always reading these books. I cry more and more everytime I read them. I give him a lot of credit for surviving through all of the abuse. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it. This makes me give a lot of thought into adopting children because they deserve a family and a place to call home. Thank you for telling the world your story.
oteque

hello everyone..! i love this book coz it gives me a lot of inspiration and also the reality life of some pity kids...good reading resourse for teenagers.....
Lotta D

Hello Dave. I had read 2 of your books. You were so strong, i`m happy for that becourse i don`t think you had servived if not. Thanks for your strong books and that you are in life to day. Take care of you and your child. Big Hug/ Lotta
Tiffany

I LOVE THIS BOOK! it made me cry.... i cant believe someone can be abused like that....
Brandi Timmons

I was touched by this book.It was so sad how she beat him when he almost died.She should have been put in jail.She didnt know what she was doing. She could of killed him.And his father should of stoped it all.If I as his mother I would never of had childern.I just want to tell Dave that you did have a home.
Even though what your mother said.She was a drunky and deserves to go to a mental instatution.
But this was wonderful book that touched my intersoul.I believe Dave should keep on rightin books and never give up.And just remember it wasnt your falt that your mother beat you.
Jade. Farrell

I have no other word to describe these books, but brillant, these books are absolutely brillant. I devoured these books in an afternoon and couldnt put them down, I read these books late into the night, and I was dissapointed when I got to tiried to carry on reading. These books have a lot of soul, and every word which comes out Daves mouth is so pure and honest, its unbelievable. I have never cried in a book before, but in these books I couldnt controll myself. I recomend these books to any one who has a heart, trust me, and take my word, go out and buy one of these books today! And to Dave Pelzer. I dont know you, but after I read these books, I feel that you are apart of my life, and I would be so proud of you if I knew you, I hope you have a great life, you deserve every bit of it!

I think the 1st two books are the best books ive ever read! They taught me to be lucky with what i have then what I don't. I think that was also the saddest book ive ever read...i mean it really made me think. I cant believe how brave someone can be do be abused as a child. Love Jen

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

A heart-wrenching first novel about the power of place and family ties, the stories we tell and the burden of those we hide.

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis