What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

keisha pyron

that book was great! i love it alot if you would please more books like that i would recommend that book to anyone i usually dont like to read but ever since i read your book it really touch my heart i started to cry when i read the first chapter that book is rather sad well i'm sorry you had to go through all that stuff just as little boy i mean if i have a child when i get older i could never harm it thats supposed to be a gift to you when you have a child but like i say theres only one true person who knows how you feel or how you think of someone that person is YOU and GOD if you believe in him imma about to end this and tell you just keep doing the right things by taking care of you and your son and god will lead you through the rest of the way goodbye and have a good life luv keisha
nichole

best book ever
Nicole age 13 of ottumwa,IA

I love them all that is so sad that some one could do that to there child. I had to do a book report last year and i dont like to read. Then i read the child called it, in 1 week and i read all his books a lot of times .
yessenia cortes

I loved his three books I couldn't stop reading them.
I thought that his books were inspiring and it touched me.
I would recomend those books to anyone.
Krisha Patel

I have read two of ur books so far, the first being the "A Child Called It" and the second "The Lost Boy", both are very well written and very touching to the heart. It's a shame that something like this really did happen in this society, yet Dave still managed to survive. They have really helped many many childrens through out this country. This book will continue to help many children through out the life.
Shelly Norris

This was the most touching sad but true book. I would recommend to this anybody. I could not put the first 3 books down until I finished it all. Dave Pelzer turned out to be a great man despite everything his mother did to him.
marisol

This is an incredible book. I would highly recomend reading it. I couldn't put the book down to do anything. I just was amazed by what dave would do to try to fit in. I was in shock how his mother did those things. It is unbelievable that some people actually would do that to their kids! I love this book.

2 words "
THE BEST this is the best book think about everything you want in a great book and be delighted

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Spymaster of Baghdad
    The Spymaster of Baghdad
    by Margaret Coker
    For the last 17 years, the country of Iraq has known almost constant violence and political upheaval...
  • Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

What is the weight of the stories we choose to tell...and the burdens of those we hide?

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis