Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Candie Dingman

hey,
I have read your books and i am very sorry that you had to go through that and no child should ever have to go through that i also think that you are a awsome person for getting help when you needed it and for coming out and telling the world what you have went through that takes a lot of courage and i thank you for sharing your life story with me and the rest of the world.
Candie Dingman

AWESOME BOOK

A great tale of a boy who is in the adolescense of a life and struggles with everything we have to, on top of everything else! you deserve eveyrhting in the world Dave!

God be with you
hollie

It is a very moving book.
it's so sad, while reading in science my eyes started watering. love hollie
aho

I read this book with a teacher and classmates everyone wanted to read more. The class loved it, i thought that what dave's mother did to him wasn't right. i loved the book, the child called "it". that is the most sadest thing i ever read in my life. *sobbs*
Drey

If you buy this book in the stores, it should come with a big pack of tissues. It can even make a rock melt. Imagine you in Dave's position. It's almost unbelievable how he managed to escape it all. I also read 'A Child Called "It"' and 'A Man Named Dave' These books very heart-braking. He managed to survive throught those hard conditions- with all those beatings and everything. It even hurts to think about it.

This is the most powerful book i have ever read. I never knew how good i had it until i read it. I cried so many times. This is a vary good book.
Ian

i have read all of your books and i think that the most powerful was A Child Called it, i think that you have put up with a lot of stuff.

make a lot more books please

i like to read them

sinceley Ian

ps: i have to do an In depth Book Study.
******

Your books are awesome they are really sad and I couldn't of went through all the stuff you did. I am glad my friends told me about your books. They are the best books I have ever read. I am going to read the other too to. And if you come out with more I will probly read them to. They are so sad I cryed so much I have never cryed that much over a book but this was real stuff that happen to you and that is really sad and I couldn't have done it. Take care and enjoy the rest of your life. Love, Me

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F