Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Sara Brown

this is a great but depressing book to see someone going though all the things that Dave is going though!
Alicia Ernst

This Book is one on the best books I have ever read. ( I have read A LOT of books.)
Candace McAllister

I really loved the child called it and the lost boy i have not read any other book thank you for such a good book you are an excellent writer i am looking for futher books
Anonymous

I have never read a book in 9 hours before and "A child called it" was the first one. Putting the book down was not going to happen because it was just so good. Nobody had ever been abused this bad that I have ever heard of and for David as a little boy, to learn how to use human spirit is unbelievable. I would give this book a 5 because of Dave.
shippo

This was the besst book I have ever read! It kept me turning the pages. I hope someone else enjoys it as much as I did.
Brat or Baby girl

I gave this book a five because it made me realize that my life isint that bad. I mean I never was badly abuse. I was hite by the belt a couple of times and by a hand but was never treated like a slave or crimle. But this book realy touched me and my mother, and sister. I actuly saw them cry while reading this book... I rate this a five because of how strong and amunly it is...
Bear

This book was a great book. I couldn't stop reading it. It was very moving. It was as good as athe first one. the lost boy is one of my favorite books. one word to describe this book is "WOW!"
Erin, 13

This book and the first one, a child called it, were sad but very moving. I liked them both because I think that it shows that no matter what we shouldn't make fun of some one because we don't know why they're like that because we don't know what goes on when they are not at school. I really liked this book and I know that many others do also and I'm so glad that Dave was able and ready to share his life story!!!

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Book Collectors
    The Book Collectors
    by Delphine Minoui
    About halfway through The Book Collectors, I was disappointed. I came into the book with a ...
  • Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O