What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Sara Brown

this is a great but depressing book to see someone going though all the things that Dave is going though!
Alicia Ernst

This Book is one on the best books I have ever read. ( I have read A LOT of books.)
Candace McAllister

I really loved the child called it and the lost boy i have not read any other book thank you for such a good book you are an excellent writer i am looking for futher books
Anonymous

I have never read a book in 9 hours before and "A child called it" was the first one. Putting the book down was not going to happen because it was just so good. Nobody had ever been abused this bad that I have ever heard of and for David as a little boy, to learn how to use human spirit is unbelievable. I would give this book a 5 because of Dave.
shippo

This was the besst book I have ever read! It kept me turning the pages. I hope someone else enjoys it as much as I did.
Brat or Baby girl

I gave this book a five because it made me realize that my life isint that bad. I mean I never was badly abuse. I was hite by the belt a couple of times and by a hand but was never treated like a slave or crimle. But this book realy touched me and my mother, and sister. I actuly saw them cry while reading this book... I rate this a five because of how strong and amunly it is...
Bear

This book was a great book. I couldn't stop reading it. It was very moving. It was as good as athe first one. the lost boy is one of my favorite books. one word to describe this book is "WOW!"
Erin, 13

This book and the first one, a child called it, were sad but very moving. I liked them both because I think that it shows that no matter what we shouldn't make fun of some one because we don't know why they're like that because we don't know what goes on when they are not at school. I really liked this book and I know that many others do also and I'm so glad that Dave was able and ready to share his life story!!!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Winter in Sokcho
    Winter in Sokcho
    by Elisa Dusapin
    Our unnamed narrator is a young French-Korean woman who works at a guest house in Sokcho, a popular ...
  • Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...
  • Book Jacket: The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman is the comedic debut novel of writer Julietta Henderson. It ...
  • Book Jacket: In Search of a Kingdom
    In Search of a Kingdom
    by Laurence Bergreen
    The Age of Exploration in the early modern period, lasting roughly from the 15th through 16th ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.

A S I T closet