Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Sara Brown

this is a great but depressing book to see someone going though all the things that Dave is going though!
Alicia Ernst

This Book is one on the best books I have ever read. ( I have read A LOT of books.)
Candace McAllister

I really loved the child called it and the lost boy i have not read any other book thank you for such a good book you are an excellent writer i am looking for futher books
Anonymous

I have never read a book in 9 hours before and "A child called it" was the first one. Putting the book down was not going to happen because it was just so good. Nobody had ever been abused this bad that I have ever heard of and for David as a little boy, to learn how to use human spirit is unbelievable. I would give this book a 5 because of Dave.
shippo

This was the besst book I have ever read! It kept me turning the pages. I hope someone else enjoys it as much as I did.
Brat or Baby girl

I gave this book a five because it made me realize that my life isint that bad. I mean I never was badly abuse. I was hite by the belt a couple of times and by a hand but was never treated like a slave or crimle. But this book realy touched me and my mother, and sister. I actuly saw them cry while reading this book... I rate this a five because of how strong and amunly it is...
Bear

This book was a great book. I couldn't stop reading it. It was very moving. It was as good as athe first one. the lost boy is one of my favorite books. one word to describe this book is "WOW!"
Erin, 13

This book and the first one, a child called it, were sad but very moving. I liked them both because I think that it shows that no matter what we shouldn't make fun of some one because we don't know why they're like that because we don't know what goes on when they are not at school. I really liked this book and I know that many others do also and I'm so glad that Dave was able and ready to share his life story!!!

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...
  • Book Jacket: No One Is Talking About This
    No One Is Talking About This
    by Patricia Lockwood
    If anyone knows the ins and outs of living online, it's Patricia Lockwood. Before her stellar memoir...
  • Book Jacket: A Thousand Ships
    A Thousand Ships
    by Natalie Haynes
    Recent years have seen a trend in reinventions of Greek myths and legends, some from the ...

Black Widows
    by Cate Quinn

A brilliant joyride in the company of three sister-wives with nothing in common except their dead husband.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis