Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

Holly

The lost boy
This book acually started out as just an assignment for my college english class but turned out to be so much more than that when I began reading this sequal I could not believe how much stuff he really went through. I was raised by angry acholics but things never got that bad. I suggest this book to any kid who says THEIR like sucks.
Cece Abel

The Lost Boy
This was a wonderful book. It really Inspired me by everything the boy went through and how he managed to become something unique after alll the shit he went and put up with. Me as being a F-Child(Foster Child) I realized some people have it harder than me and my family had it.
I hope you all enjoy this book as much as I did.
Sara

The Lost Boy
The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer was very iteresting.when i read the first book,A Child Called It, I could not put the book down!! I ended up reading the whole book in one day!! When I found out there was a sequal to it I knew i had to read it!!Although this book was VERY good i loved the first one.To me you need to read the first book before the second though.I look forward to reading the rest of his books as soon as i can!!
I also recommend these books to ANYONE!!
Jade

The Lost Boy
I found this book a great follow on from his previous novel "a child called it". From reading dave`s first novel it was heart wrenching to here that his troubles didn`t end there. As many readers of his books have said, i have never got really emotional and stuck on a book before but i have great respect for him for coming out and telling his story!!
Taylor

Touching and thrilling
I am 11, and I hardly ever cry, but when it comes to this book, I would like to amke an exception. I cried for 5 chapters, tears of joy. This book is so emotional, and now I can imagine being in a foster home back and forth, back and forth. But I am sketical about 1 thing..... His foster mom, Alice's, phone number. I am always told that a fake phone number begins with 555-. Either he forgot the number, it's california's begginning numbers in some places, or he just made that part up. Read this and his other books you will want to read.
jennifer

A child called it
OMG! this was the best book i have read in ages.i finished the whole book in one night. i felt bad for him,his mom was horrible and his father wasn't much help either.i just wanted to cry for that little boy.
Barbara Allen

This book is very amazing! I couldn't put the book down once I picked it up! Dave Pelzer is very amazing and I look up to him for never giving up! He is an amazing man that deserves everything in this world! I would recommend this book to anyone!
lesarc

An absolute lesson in life and an insperation to us all, we may not all be able to feel the same exact pain but alot we can relate to. I could not put the book down until i finished it which i just have about five minutes ago. To dave pelzer you have not only won but you have have triumphed to being only human at the end til now and i am so very privliaged to have had the oppertunity at meeting you even though through your books and under such severe conditions of your story that you can now call your past but also your lesson learnt i wish you much love and understaning peace and the sence of fulfilment , as we all know and as does god it is all that you deserve and much more your are the insperation in us all in your won quest against all evil

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...
  • Book Jacket: Somewhere in the Unknown World
    Somewhere in the Unknown World
    by Kao Kalia Yang
    Resettled refugees are mostly invisible. Their needs are rarely publicized and their struggles are ...

Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose & Fiona Davis (editors)

One City.
    One Movement.
    A World of Stories.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O