What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

nestle

The lost boy
The first book Dave Pelzer made it was so shocking. I just couldn't believe how his stupid mother could do that to the child.Let's just call her an it to.But why would she do that to a child? And why didn't you go tell someone so they could help you.If I were you I would have run away by that time.
Ana

The Lost Boy
This book was interesting to read!!!
JASMINE

THE BEST BOOK EVER!
This book is so good its even better than a child called it .... GO READ IT!!!
Christina DeJesus

The Lost Boy By : David Pelzer
I am not the type of person to read books. It is just not my thing. But when I read and finished the book is was an amazing book. It was really sad and depressing. I just could not believe what a mother could do to her own child. This book is based on a true story too. But I think David Pelzer's book are wonderful to read but sad at the same time. He is also a great author.
Imaan Ganim

The Lost Boy
This is a great book! This book is about a boy named David whom was abused at an early age by his mother. That was written about in the first book titled A Child Called It.... [edited to remove plot spoilers]. In this book David answers the questions and reveals the answers of the book A Child Called It.
Emie

Great Book!
This book is over all very sad, but it is so good to read. I hate to read personally, but when it came to "Child Called It" I wouldn't put it down. And now I am reading "The Lost Boy" and this book is also very touching and very excellent! Next I WILL be reading "Man Named Dave".
GREAT BOOK!!
Jessica Lopez

Love this book with a passion!!!
The Lost Boy, that was a good title for the book because it just had so much in common. I'm just 15 and I really feel sorry for everything he went through. Going to foster houses every time it wasn't right. Had to work at a young age and being responsible for everything. This book is just a great book to read but hopefully he finally found a place he could called home!
brenda

speechless
I'm just speechless. All i can say is that this book is the best one of all the thousands of books i have read on my entire life.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: Windhall
    Windhall
    by Ava Barry
    Ava Barry's debut mystery novel Windhall is centered around the salacious murder of a starlet named ...
  • Book Jacket: Libertie
    Libertie
    by Kaitlyn Greenidge
    Kaitlyn Greenidge burst onto the literary scene in 2016 with her award-winning novel, We Love You, ...
    Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982
    by Cho Nam-joo, Jamie Chang
    'Kim Jiyoung is thirty-three years old, thirty-four Korean age. She got married three years ago and ...
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Raft of Stars
    by Andrew J. Graff

A timeless story of loss, hope, and adventure set against the vividly rendered landscape of the Upper Midwest.

The Mountains Sing
by Nguyen Phan Que Mai
Winner of the 2020 BookBrowse Debut Novel Award: A multi-generational tale set in Viet Nam.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire