Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

hey i like this book!!
Monica Rivera

This is not a book you can say you like or dislike because it was about a child that was abused trying to find love from ohters. Personally this is a recommenable book to open the eyes of people. Afyer reading a Child called It I cried then I read The Lost Boy and it was extremly touching. I also read a Man named Dave and that book is also recommendable. I gave this book a 5 not on if its good or bad but how much it touched me and how it affected me. I can read the book over and over and everytime is like the first. I still get shocked and hurt just like the first time. I reccomend this book to anyone who thinks they know how life is. After reading that book your how outlook on life changes.
kayla

the book a child called it is one of the most unbelievable stories I have ever read. Before reading this book i would of never believed that people like dave's mother had an existance on earth.
janet

Its a great book you i never believed how can a mother treat their blood like trash ever since i read it i see my life way different
Nadine

i absolutely love this book! i read "A Child Called 'IT'", after i read this one. it has the power to totally change your outlook on life. i thought i had it bad, but reading this book opens your eyes to the kinds of people that are out there in the world. how can a mother find it in herself to treat her own flesh and blood in such manner?! i just bought "A Man Named Dave" and cant wait to start reading it. the trilogy of books by Dave Pelzer will remain my favorite for a long long time!
Amber

this book was great it shows just how lucky i am to have a family like mine!
Luis

This auto-biography can touch people's hearts, i really love this two books, is not that I like of what happen to dave, is that this storyis so related with me.
Becky

I was 14 when I read this book, and was really unaffected by the literature that I had been reading. I found this book enlightening and moving, as it conveyed experiences that many people are unable to communicate. It was a book that opened my eyes, and was a horrible picture to conjure. I gained respect for abused children and actually became teary eyed. This was a heart-breaker and an inspiring auto-biography that can touch the hearts of people who don't even like reading.

Join & Save $10!

Discover books that entertain, engage & enlighten. One-year membership: $29

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Blue Sky Kingdom
    Blue Sky Kingdom
    by Bruce Kirkby
    Who hasn't dreamed of escaping all of the trappings of today's modern life and finding a secluded, ...
  • Book Jacket: My Heart Underwater
    My Heart Underwater
    by Laurel Fantauzzo
    Corazon — Cory — Tagubio is a Filipina-American teenager living with her family in ...
  • Book Jacket: Black Sun
    Black Sun
    by Rebecca Roanhorse
    Reading the first book in a series is always difficult because readers know that, by definition, it ...
  • Book Jacket: Somewhere in the Unknown World
    Somewhere in the Unknown World
    by Kao Kalia Yang
    Resettled refugees are mostly invisible. Their needs are rarely publicized and their struggles are ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win This Book!
Win Jack

Return to Gilead with Jack, the instant New York Times bestseller

Enter to win Marilynne Robinson's latest novel in her classic series.

I G I O Ear A O T O