What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

jeimt

a child called it was truly a touching book i read it in one day because i couldnt put it down its such an intense book that it made me cry i belive dave pelzer is an awsome writer i truly recomend this book to everyone as for me i will read the next two book that he has .
Fatima Childs

This book is one that will really make you feel what he is going through, as if you were him. This is a great book to read , and i can't wait to read "A Man Named Dave"!
Jamie

I love reading the books Dave Pelzer has published. I like reading, but some books are just not even worth reading. The sequel to "A Child Called It," "The Lost Boy," was definately not one of them! I have just finished reading it and it was such a terrific book. "A Child Called It" was also a great book. Dave Pelzer's amazing will to survive was so remarable. I just don't understand why someone would be so heartless to anyone. Everytime I read his books, it brings tears to my eyes. I read the first book and just couldn't put it down! No wonder all of his books are #1 International Bestsellers. I can't wait to read "A Man Named Dave." I encourage everyone to read Dave Pelzer's 3 incerdible books.
R.M.Watson

I have just finished reading a "Lost Boy" by Dave Pelzer. I found this book a great comfort after reading "A child Called 'IT'" to find out that he has survived and at last found the life he was looking for. I well very proud of Dave to be able to write about such a personal experience in such a depth. The detail to which explains things is unbelievable in some case - an incident which strongly sticks in my mind is when his mother orders him to put his arm over a burning flame and then to strip and lie across the flame naked. As Dave was telling the reader about that incident it brought a tear to my eyes, I really can't undersatnd why anyone could be so cruel. Overall, I found this book a great read and a book i couldn't put down. I strongly recommend that everyone reads this set of 3 amazing books.
Stacy

I am not a big fan of reading, but this book actually made me want to keep reading it. It is a real emotional book. While I read this book I really took all the things that were happening to this little boy to my heart. This is the best book I have read. Thanks for writing these great books Dave!
kamirah

i really adore this books as this was a great book...as i read this book the feeling of sympathy as thought me that there are parent who treated their children like animal...Even an amimal mother would love their child...
Kelli

The Lost Boy was a very powerful book that opened my eyes to the true reality of abused children. It makes me realize that we are often sheltered from these certain situations, and we should really be exposed to the lives of foster children. I am glad the author had enough courage to put his words out into the open. It is a very powerful and brave thing to do for the benefit of readers. I enjoyed this book very much, and I plan to read his other two books. People who are brave enough to put their lives into minds of readers are what make the world function in order for people to understand. Once people can start to understand each other, the world will become more peaceful and easier to live in. I loved this book!
Amy

This book is the best book I've ever read in my life!!! I think it's interesting and exciting!!! I hope Mr.Pelzer writes a fourth book!!

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: Hades, Argentina
    Hades, Argentina
    by Daniel Loedel
    Daniel Loedel's debut novel, Hades, Argentina, opens in 1986 when we meet Tomás Orillo, a young...
  • Book Jacket: Dark Horses
    Dark Horses
    by Susan Mihalic
    Dark Horses is a shocking, heart-pounding debut; it's both a coming-of-age novel and an unflinching ...
  • Book Jacket: Best Laid Plans
    Best Laid Plans
    by Gwen Florio
    When starting a series, first impressions are key. Introducing a sympathetic or relatable ...
  • Book Jacket: Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    Last Night at the Telegraph Club
    by Malinda Lo
    Author Malinda Lo takes readers to Chinatown, San Francisco in 1954, where 17-year-old Lily Hu is ...

The Northern Reach
    by W.S. Winslow

What is the weight of the stories we choose to tell...and the burdens of those we hide?

The Lost Apothecary
    by Sarah Penner

A forgotten history. A secret network of women. A legacy of poison and revenge. Welcome to The Lost Apothecary.

The Narrowboat Summer
by Anne Youngson
From the author of Meet Me at the Museum, a charming novel of second chances.
Win This Book!
Win Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
by Lauren Willig

"A crackling portrayal of everyday American heroines…A triumph."
— Fiona Davis