Reader reviews and comments on The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Niamh

Phenomenal. Utterly phenomenal.
This book was given to me as a gift at a time in my life in which I despised reading...And it was so good that here I am writing a review just to encourage others to pick it up! I have convinced so many of my friends, colleagues and family to read this novel; it provided guidance for me at a very difficult time and has transformed the way I look at the world. A beautiful story..worth reading all the way until the end and my goodness if you haven't already, pick up "The Next Person You Meet in Heaven" (the new sequel...It will blow your mind!) As well.
Meeting Mitch Albom is now number one on my bucket list. This book is a blessing.
Aniqa

Five People You Meet In Heaven
It is an extraordinary heart touching book. Well, I wont forget this book ever as it did bring a huge change in my life.
Nick

Moving
Read it.
taylor

Beautiful
I was forced to read this book, and at first I really didn't want to. Reading further, though, I found that this book is a mix of simple lessons, and wonderfully woven sentences that bring me to the verge of tears. I recommend this book to readers of all ages. As I fell into the story, I saw Eddie change, and felt myself changing as well. After reading this book, I don't think I'll ever be the same.
Ann

Such a wonderful book!
The book The Five People You Meet in Heaven was written by Mitch Albom, who is the same author who wrote the famous book Tuesdays with Morrie. It brings you into a place that we each have dreamed about: heaven.

In this book there is a character named Eddie who works at an amusement park called Ruby’s Pier. Eddie is an old man who takes care of all the maintenance at the park. This includes checking the rides, greasing the tracks, and keeping the place a safe environment. One day there is a problem with one of the rides that causes a fatal accident. Eddie dies and comes to heaven where he is taken on a journey through his life. At first, heaven is nothing like he expected at all. As he meets each of the five people his perspective is changed, and the true meaning of life is revealed.

There is such meaning in this book that will leave everyone wondering how his or her personal heaven will be. The way Albom goes through the five different people while incorporating the real life events keeps the reader entertained. The readers will not want to put this book down as it leaves you wondering what exactly is going to happen to Eddie.

This book will provide readers with feelings of joy, happiness, heartbreak and sadness. But what they will come away with will change the way they view this life forever. I recommend that everyone should consider reading this book. It will teach you as a reader what really matters in this life and let you see life as the glass half full instead of half empty.
Catherine

BBE(Best book so far)
"The Five People You in Heaven" is a great book. I had to a book report on it and I loved it. Too bad I haven't seen the movie yet:)
Ji

I love it.....
I read it for my English project and it is really interesting. It changed my views about heaven, and it inspired me.
Nicole

Awesome
This book is an outstanding, attention-grabbing and a New York Times bestseller. Mitch Albom has a way with words that makes you deem that you are in heaven with Edward experiencing the different lessons.

• Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...
    Dread Nation
    by Justina Ireland
    The war between the states is over and, instead, a very different battle is being waged for the ...
  • Book Jacket: Costalegre
    Costalegre
    by Courtney Maum
    The year is 1937 and Hitler is gaining stronger sway over Europe. Chief among the Führer's ...
    Lands of Lost Borders
    by Kate Harris
    Powered by imagination, grit, a bicycle, and the companionship of her best friend Mel, Kate Harris ...

Never Have I Ever

A diabolically entertaining tale of betrayal, deception, temptation, and love.

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
Visible Empire
by Hannah Pittard

An epic novel—based on true events—of love, grief, race, and wealth.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

T C C H T Roost