What readers think of The Five People You Meet In Heaven, plus links to write your own review.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mar 2006, 208 pages

There are currently 114 reader reviews for The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Niamh

Phenomenal. Utterly phenomenal.
This book was given to me as a gift at a time in my life in which I despised reading...And it was so good that here I am writing a review just to encourage others to pick it up! I have convinced so many of my friends, colleagues and family to read this novel; it provided guidance for me at a very difficult time and has transformed the way I look at the world. A beautiful story..worth reading all the way until the end and my goodness if you haven't already, pick up "The Next Person You Meet in Heaven" (the new sequel...It will blow your mind!) As well.
Meeting Mitch Albom is now number one on my bucket list. This book is a blessing.
Aniqa

Five People You Meet In Heaven
It is an extraordinary heart touching book. Well, I wont forget this book ever as it did bring a huge change in my life.
Nick

Moving
Read it.
taylor

Beautiful
I was forced to read this book, and at first I really didn't want to. Reading further, though, I found that this book is a mix of simple lessons, and wonderfully woven sentences that bring me to the verge of tears. I recommend this book to readers of all ages. As I fell into the story, I saw Eddie change, and felt myself changing as well. After reading this book, I don't think I'll ever be the same.
Ann

Such a wonderful book!
The book The Five People You Meet in Heaven was written by Mitch Albom, who is the same author who wrote the famous book Tuesdays with Morrie. It brings you into a place that we each have dreamed about: heaven.

In this book there is a character named Eddie who works at an amusement park called Ruby’s Pier. Eddie is an old man who takes care of all the maintenance at the park. This includes checking the rides, greasing the tracks, and keeping the place a safe environment. One day there is a problem with one of the rides that causes a fatal accident. Eddie dies and comes to heaven where he is taken on a journey through his life. At first, heaven is nothing like he expected at all. As he meets each of the five people his perspective is changed, and the true meaning of life is revealed.

There is such meaning in this book that will leave everyone wondering how his or her personal heaven will be. The way Albom goes through the five different people while incorporating the real life events keeps the reader entertained. The readers will not want to put this book down as it leaves you wondering what exactly is going to happen to Eddie.

This book will provide readers with feelings of joy, happiness, heartbreak and sadness. But what they will come away with will change the way they view this life forever. I recommend that everyone should consider reading this book. It will teach you as a reader what really matters in this life and let you see life as the glass half full instead of half empty.
Catherine

BBE(Best book so far)
"The Five People You in Heaven" is a great book. I had to a book report on it and I loved it. Too bad I haven't seen the movie yet:)
Ji

I love it.....
I read it for my English project and it is really interesting. It changed my views about heaven, and it inspired me.
Nicole

Awesome
This book is an outstanding, attention-grabbing and a New York Times bestseller. Mitch Albom has a way with words that makes you deem that you are in heaven with Edward experiencing the different lessons.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...
  • Book Jacket: Firekeeper's Daughter
    Firekeeper's Daughter
    by Angeline Boulley
    Angeline Boulley's young adult novel Firekeeper's Daughter follows 18-year-old Daunis — ...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins

A S I T closet