What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

by Nancy Farmer

The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer X
The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

Oct 2002, 400 pages

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

gisele

very very very very very very very very very good
It was one of the best books I have read!
Jordan (7th Grade)

Best book
I love this book and I really wish that it would have had a longer series. I've also read the Lord of Opium. 5/5 for both books.
legenddarkrai

AWESOME!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!!! It gave lots of exciting things and I like how there were different sections. I think the ending is really cool, yet sad. But overall, I LOVED IT!!
Lia

House of the Scorpion
This book was amazing!!! I had to read it for a book club and didn't think it was convincing by the back of the book. I fell head over heals for this book and couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book if you like the following genres:
Adventure
Suspense
Science fiction
Realistic fiction
(I am not a big fan of sic fi and I LOVED this book)
Blake

Awesome
My biology teacher assigned my grade a project, make a model and present it to her, or read a book. We had an option of three books. I chose this one. I'm sure glad I did! I loved it! Everyone is saying its long... its not that long, only 380 pages. Although I would say the author could have ended it a lot earlier than she did. I was thinking halfway through the book that it could almost be done, what else does she have left to say? but all in all its a great book! READ it!
JK

JK's review
This is like a great book! I usually read classics , but this a one of a kind book! I would recomend it to anyone ages 11 and up.
Laurel Booher

Worth Reading!
I really enjoyed reading this book, because it s t r e t c h e d my mind. I also liked reading Lois Lowery's The Giver...the genre and ideas were complementary. I'd love to discuss with someone who's read both of these sci-fi classics!
I feel like I understand God's plan for us better after reading these books. Earthly Man was not meant to live forever. I want to own this book!
Marisa

Beautiful
I had to read this book for an assignment, I picked the longest book as a challenge, and I fell deeply in love with this book. At first the book is kind of confusing, but by the time it gets to the more interesting chapters, I couldn't put it down. In the beginning of the book, it has a list of all the characters, I would not read that before reading this book. I would read that after a new character has been introduced. Overall I loved this book. It has to be the best book I have ever read and I highly suggest that you read it as well. This book had me laughing to crying in an instant. Many books don't have the power to do that. A tip I would give before reading this book is to keep a Spanish dictionary close, for there is some Spanish words you need to know to understand this book. Also unless you are a extremely good reader, I would read it only if I were in 6th grade or higher. All in all, I absolutely love this book.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide