What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Kimm Smith

excellent!!!!!!!!
This novel is heart warming, adventurous, mysterious, hilarious and sad all at the same time. Anyone who loves reading will love this book!
Linkuu

oh my god.
amazing book front to back, i read it in five hours. Totally amazing. i encourage ALL who see this to read it. very well written. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
Rachael

a w e s o m e ! !
Mrs. nacy you did a wonderful job of capturing the readers attention!!- i had ot read this book for a school assignment--and i was like great science fiction. to me science fiction is like space..and other stuff. i was real pleased!!- you did a wonderful job on this. keep up the great work!! :]..[that was a smile].

Rachael
Really loved it

if the world was going to end and all books would get burned this wud be the book i id choose to read
Sometimes there are books where you cant help but admire the author's talent, or come so close to the main characters that you feel you've known them forever. I would say that this book is one of the best books i have ever readd and i applaud ms.farmer for the excellant masterpiece and i can only say that the hours i spent reading this book for the first time were amazing and now im rereading my favorite parts and i cant help but keep falling in love with it over and over again. an excellent piece of art
Danny

Best book I ever read
I'm 15 and I picked this book from the library because my friend told me it was a great book. I was sketchy about it at first. I actually wanted to put down the book altoghether at one point where i felt so bad for the character it was unbearable. But I finish things once I start them so I continued to read and I am so glad I did. I didn't go to school the next day because I was sick, but I couldn't put the book down. I read it none stop untill I was done. I was a bit unsatisfied with the ending though and the fact that the author could've emphasized more on the on going relationship. Still, I read books now and they really don't compare. Great book, here's hoping to a sequel.
meagan

scorpions rule
I had to read a book for a school essay and I randomly chose the book of the shelf the cover was intresting so I decided to read it.this book is so amazing. I don't usually read science-fiction books but I couldn't put it down even on my vacation I read it (i went on vacation during school) and my mom threatened to throw it out anyways I recommend it to all people.

by.meagan (age 14)
Nathan

i thought it was awsome
i thought this book was awsome i had to read it for a school asicnment and could barley put the book. this book was worth all the time i spent reading it
Phil

awesome
This book is great, iv read it for a Freshman L.A. project, and loved it!

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

W N, W Not

A book may be compared to your neighbor...