What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

by Nancy Farmer

The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer X
The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

Oct 2002, 400 pages

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Megan

I picked up The House of the Scorpion out of sheer interest in the title (I’m an 18-year old Scorpio and very proud of it). But I got much more than I bargained for, and I could not be happier! Science Fiction has been taken to a completely new level in a book so absorbing, and such a pleasure to read, it blows your mind! The story of a courageous non-boy, struggling to survive with what he is, in a glittering yet dangerous and spiteful world, is so real it will be difficult each time to put the book down just to get that 8 hours of sleep. The characters are fascinating and authentic, harmonising wonderfully with the weirdness of their world. Reading it was effortless, the writing was so fantastic. Nancy Farmer managed to combine a various number of genres – drama, romance, suspense, horror, science fiction and coming-of-age – to produce a masterpiece of literature. If you haven’t already read it, trust me – do! You will not regret embarking on this captivating journey.
Alex

A wounderful book full of twists and turns. It's great for any almost any age looking for a good book.
Steph

This book is amazing. I finsihed it about three weeks ago, and I can't stop thinking about it! It's sooooooooooo good, the best I've read yet!
Ricky, Science Teacher

For those of you who gave this book a 2, I must ask why? I read this book to my students and that is all they talked about. I really enjoyed it as well. If you would put the playstation controlers down and pick up more books from time to time, you would learn to appreciate good literature.
Michael Jordan

the best book i have read in all of my years
Megan

I totally loved this sci-fi book! It was excellento! The whole concept of cloning was cool as well. It was definately appropriatte and long enough ... it was plain awesome.
Ben

Nancy Farmer gives us a true masterpeice in this book. Full of love, courage, and questions. I'm only 12, but I would HIGHLY reccomend this to anyone who likes to read.
Sarah

This book was thrilling, suspencesful and great for boys and girls. Reccomend it to anyone.

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, a new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.