What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

by Nancy Farmer

The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer X
The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

Oct 2002, 400 pages

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Xander Scott

I'm 13 and thought the book was a great mind streatcher, It realy made me think. It was an attention grabber that didn't let go through the whole book. I plan to suggest it to the read on Fort Collins commity that I am on

Im 20 years old and i loved and enjoyed this book because iv been to mexico and could relate to most of this story. and i think everyone should own a copy
Gwen

I was so thrilled with House of the Scorpion that I decided to put it on an independent novel list to teach to my students. While it may turn some people away because of the length, it is well worth the read. I couldn't put this book down, and every one of my students who has read this book has shared my enthusiasm. I am not a science fiction enthusiast, but this book has changed my opinion of sci-fi.
Guava

Normally when you think of science fiction you think guns, space ships, and computer junk that's hard to understand. But The House of the Scorpion brings Science Fiction to an all new level. I loved this book. Throughout this book i felt like i could connect to the main character, Matt. This book is a great read. I'm thirteen, but anyone and everyone should read this, especially because it's not about sapce ships and computers, but about something that could be right around the corner thanks to modern day science. This book teachs us to question our sterotypes and opinions.

sam

Couldnt put the book down. I am ONLY 14 years old, and i thought that the book would become boring. I was wrong. From the minute i picked up the book i was entranced by the brilliantly painted story of Matt, whose sole purpose in life is to extend El Patron's life. Great BOOK! I highly recommend it.
Christina

I love this book....it kept my attention from start to finish. This book is excellent when ur bored and need something to do. It's kool to see the other side of things like clones ppl think that clones would be kool...and here u see how the clone would feel knowing that it will always seem like less then humans because it's a clone. I love this book everyone should read it they'll love it.
arshi

I liked this book because it holds your breath til very end . This book is awesome i would recommend this book to every 8 grade reader and it just to good .
bana

Foster
    by Claire Keegan

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Members Recommend

Natural History
    by Andrea Barrett

W N, W Not

Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics...