Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Sarah Bendorf

The Cloning Issue
This book was amazing! I highly recommend it to anyway looking for a good read and deep thought. This book made me take a serious look at cloning and how it is actually viewed in our world today. Even if you aren't highly motivated to read for the thought provocation, it's an exciting story, full of action, and an easy read. I read this book while I was just a freshman and again as a senior and encouraged all of my friends and family to read it immediately.
david

great book!!
This is one of my favrorite books. I wish there was another book.
Jordan-7th grade student

house of the scorpion
i loved this book, its very funny, but sad at the same time. it took me a whole 6 hrs to read this book, it was so good, i just didn't want to set it down. i cant stop reading it now, i read it over and over. i'm hoping nancy farmer will make a second book, im dying to know what happens to matt and maria .... for now i just dream it up. =P
Reader

The House of Scorpion
So good. Written really well. My new favorite book. I recommend it to all. 2 thumbs up
Anna Kuperschmidt

one strength and one weakness of the book.
One strength that the book has is that its very good by how Matt struggles to understand some things about him being a clone and his existence.

One weakness that the book has was that if you don't read it straight then some things might get confusing.

But overall I loved the book and would read it again and again.
2lucky

scorpion
This book was very well thought out. It had you guessing what happens next in every chapter. Filled with twist and turns around every corner. It is one of the best books I have ever read.
alex

good
I believe this is a wonderful book. It was a thrill to read. The more you read of the book more you like it.
Winnie

The House of the Scorpion
All people will enjoy this book because there is a bit of romance, lots of adventure and action, and tons of suspense. It is an unique book because normal science fiction books are either utterly unrealistic, violent, or just plain confusing. However, this book grasps the reader firmly and does not let he/she go until the reader finishes the book and will feel truly satisfied. The reader is definitely glued to the book. This book gives you a true understanding of life, even though the setting of the book is in the future. The reader can easily relate to the situations in the book...although not directly. The reader will have to read behind the words, infer, and make tons of predictions. This book is one of the best books ever written!

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    by Kevin Wilson

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

W N, W Not

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Never read a book through merely because you have begun it