What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

Mariam

Wonderful story
A friend of mine told me about this book and I myself think that it is amazing. I'm half way through it and even though I do not have enough time at my hands to finish it in less then a month I crave for it, like a good show.

I'm noticing that a lot of people have rated it by the size of the book. I hate long books, I hardly even read them. But this book is different. Its intriguing and filled with many surprises... like what happens to Rosa during the book. I got surprised over that, but then again it was coming to her.

- Nice book, Please do purchase and read it.
brye

length
I don't really think the length of this book should be a problem for anyone. Just because it is long doesn't mean it's hard to read. Just think of it as a bunch of books in a series.
crista wilson

student
I had read this book in 8th grade. It is my favorite book. It really just is so cool and wired and all this stuff at the same time that all you can do is read it and see what happens. You get sucked in to all that is going on and your ably to paint the pictures in your head from the description of every thing.I also love all the little stuff in the book that makes the big idea come to life.
Reader

Awesome
This book is very good. I didn't want to put it down!
Zachery

THEY BEST BOOK
This is the best book I have ever read. There is a surprise right around the corner. I don't want to give it away. It's a great book and I recommended it to all tweens and teens 11+
the invisable princess

the only book i ever read
This book is the only book I've ever read without anyone telling me too in my whole 17 years of life and I fell in love with it. It is amazingly awesome you should totally read this book it will blow your mind
Mariana

the house of the scorpion
Wow!!!!this book is amazing i enjoyed every bit of the book this is some thing that people will freak them out in a really cool way!
piporor

awsome book with oustanding writin genius
I think this was one of the best books I have ever read. I am a freshman in highschool and I'm not really a reading type, but I had to read a book for my English reading class for an outside reading project. I got in trouble the next day and i was given 3 days of in school suspension. I had nothing to do so Ii started reading it. at the beginning I thought it was confusing and boring but after reading 6 chapters I was addicted to it! I finished reading it today. The one flaw though about this book (and we all know it) is that Nancy Farmer waited tot long for the sequel. I love the book it's awesome and thanks for taking the time to read this... :)

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

W N, W Not

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.