What readers think of The House of The Scorpion, plus links to write your own review.

The House of The Scorpion

by Nancy Farmer

The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer X
The House of The Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

Oct 2002, 400 pages

Nov 2002, 308 pages

There are currently 145 reader reviews for The House of The Scorpion

gisele

very very very very very very very very very good
It was one of the best books I have read!
Jordan (7th Grade)

Best book
I love this book and I really wish that it would have had a longer series. I've also read the Lord of Opium. 5/5 for both books.
legenddarkrai

AWESOME!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK!!! It gave lots of exciting things and I like how there were different sections. I think the ending is really cool, yet sad. But overall, I LOVED IT!!
Lia

House of the Scorpion
This book was amazing!!! I had to read it for a book club and didn't think it was convincing by the back of the book. I fell head over heals for this book and couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book if you like the following genres:
Adventure
Suspense
Science fiction
Realistic fiction
(I am not a big fan of sic fi and I LOVED this book)
Blake

Awesome
My biology teacher assigned my grade a project, make a model and present it to her, or read a book. We had an option of three books. I chose this one. I'm sure glad I did! I loved it! Everyone is saying its long... its not that long, only 380 pages. Although I would say the author could have ended it a lot earlier than she did. I was thinking halfway through the book that it could almost be done, what else does she have left to say? but all in all its a great book! READ it!
JK

JK's review
This is like a great book! I usually read classics , but this a one of a kind book! I would recomend it to anyone ages 11 and up.
Laurel Booher

Worth Reading!
I really enjoyed reading this book, because it s t r e t c h e d my mind. I also liked reading Lois Lowery's The Giver...the genre and ideas were complementary. I'd love to discuss with someone who's read both of these sci-fi classics!
I feel like I understand God's plan for us better after reading these books. Earthly Man was not meant to live forever. I want to own this book!
Marisa

Beautiful
I had to read this book for an assignment, I picked the longest book as a challenge, and I fell deeply in love with this book. At first the book is kind of confusing, but by the time it gets to the more interesting chapters, I couldn't put it down. In the beginning of the book, it has a list of all the characters, I would not read that before reading this book. I would read that after a new character has been introduced. Overall I loved this book. It has to be the best book I have ever read and I highly suggest that you read it as well. This book had me laughing to crying in an instant. Many books don't have the power to do that. A tip I would give before reading this book is to keep a Spanish dictionary close, for there is some Spanish words you need to know to understand this book. Also unless you are a extremely good reader, I would read it only if I were in 6th grade or higher. All in all, I absolutely love this book.

Join BookBrowse today to start discovering exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: The Terraformers
    The Terraformers
    by Annalee Newitz
    Sask-E is a planet that Verdance, a major terraforming company, has big plans for. Their business is...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Pirate
    The Light Pirate
    by Lily Brooks-Dalton
    The lynchpin of The Light Pirate by Lily Brooks-Dalton, a novel split into four parts, is the main ...
  • Book Jacket: The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    The World Keeps Ending, and the World Goes On
    by Franny Choi
    Calamity can cohabit with joy, and you and I have, on some plane, accepted that absurd reality. We ...
  • Book Jacket: Bloodbath Nation
    Bloodbath Nation
    by Paul Auster
    In recent years, Booker Prize­–nominated novelist Paul Auster has increasingly turned to ...

The Love of My Life
by Rosie Walsh
An up-all-night love story wrapped in a mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Ghosted.

Members Recommend

River Sing Me Home
    by Eleanor Shearer

A remarkable debut about a mother's gripping journey across the Caribbean to find her stolen children in the aftermath of slavery.

Margot
    by Wendell Steavenson

A young woman struggles to break free of her upper-class upbringing amid the whirlwind years of the sexual revolution.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win French Braid

French Braid
by Anne Tyler

From the beloved Pulitzer Prize–winning author, a joyful journey deep into one Baltimore family's foibles.

It's A G T Me