Reader reviews and comments on The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

The Thief Lord

by Cornelia Funke

The Thief Lord

Aug 2002, 352 pages
    Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Anna Baxter (02/18/05)

The Thief Lord was really good. I think Victor ( I can just imagine him!) and Hornet alot. I really recommend it. Also there is a Magic Roundabout film out now. So much for the one in The Thief Lord! Ida Spavento is alot like Elinor in Inkheart ( Another book by Cornelia Funke) .Scipio is so dark and mysterious, so it makes you want to read on.
joshua (02/10/05)

Great book for all ages. I am a great reader and have read many books before by many different peaple but Cornelia Funk has written my fav book THE THIEF LORD !!!!! I also hope to write books one day and she is my idole.
Jaimeeeeeeee (02/09/05)

this is one of the best book i have read ever!!!!!!!! I would recomend it to anyone!
Kayleigh (02/08/05)

My teacher gave me this book to read and I am thoroughally enjoying it. It is the longest book I have ever read!
Sabina (01/26/05)

I love The Thief Lord. I couldn't put my book down. I recommend it to everyone. It is a great book. Believe me you will love it as much as I do.
Elspeth (01/25/05)

I love the Thief Lord because of the way it captured me. I am a quick page turner and I want to be a linguist when I grow up. I hate to read a book in another language completely because I don't capture the story competely, but when there are only a few words of Italian it is made easy and fun to learn a new language a bit at a time. Grazie for writing it, Cornelia Funke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cathy (01/16/05)

I like how the author write this book
Twigleg 4ever (01/16/05)

Hey! In the translations in the back... You find out what Basta from Inkheart's name means... Honestly... who would name their kid, 'enough, that will do'?! O.o

• Book Jacket: A Great Reckoning
    by Yaa Gyasi
  • Book Jacket: When Breath Becomes Air
    When Breath Becomes Air
    by Paul Kalanithi

The silence between the notes is as important as the notes themselves.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: