Reader reviews and comments on The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

The Thief Lord

by Cornelia Funke

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

Aug 2002, 352 pages
    Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Lauren (03/14/07)

Thief Lord and Cornelia Funke
Was a completely enchanting story- however I did not think it would go the direction it went in. That was good but I can see why a person would be disappointed in the ending...I thought that there should have been more on Prosper, I feel that I never really got to know him. Loved the characters Victor and Ida. They were interesting and charming and I think they enlightened the story. Cornelia Funke is a fabulous author- Inkheart and Inkspell are her best works. Did not enjoy Dragon Rider too much - would not recommend that. I would like to see a sequel to Thief Lord and a brand new series. I give Thief Lord a five out of five.Good book!

P.S. Did u know that the book was originally written in German? I recently found that out. You might have known already though.
audrie (02/16/07)

Awesome Book!!!!
Even though i haven't read all of it.....I can't put this book down!!!!! It is an awesome mystery and it catches my attension really fast.
Nicholas Adam Harrison-Trent (11/30/06)

Good Book
I really like this book.It was very interesting.And the setting was very unique.I`ve never read a book with this kind of setting.My favorite characters were Scripo and Prosper. Bottomline: This is a great book that i enjoyed reading very much. I wish there was a sequel
Tink (11/01/06)

Thief Lord
I really enjoyed this book I thought it was awesome!
lily (07/16/06)

2 best to harrypotter
the thief lord is deffinatly mt 2 fav next to harry poter of course;)i first read it when i was 1 3 and i luved it because the thief lord is a amazing well writtin book full of a unique and creative and realistic storyline and theme full of adventure,mystery,comedy, and everything inbetween!!!! everyone who loves to read adventure ages 8-infinity will luv to read the thief lord i KNOW i do;)
Samantha H. (05/02/06)

Splendid!
I loved it so much! This book is as good as Harry Potter. I think Funke should make a series. Riccio is hilarious,Prop is so sweet, Scip is adventerous, Bo is so hypnotizing. This book is great I recommend it! I seen the movie too, it followed the book really well.
Alex (04/25/06)

spectacular
This book was my absolute favorite book in the world!
I could read this book over and over and never get tired of its wonders.
It was so mysterious and wonderous and just jumped out to grab me and hook me like a fish.
The description realy came alive and came to and put on a play in your mind!
This book really takes you in by the pages after each other one is finished.
lala (03/19/06)

BRILLLL!!!!!!!!!
ILOVED THE THIEF LORD
it is adventurous,fun,full of suspense,twists & turns
i STRONGLY recomend it to all avid readers aged 10 to17
this book ,every time you think youve nearly finished it ....another twist comes up
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers