Reader reviews and comments on The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

The Thief Lord

by Cornelia Funke

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

Aug 2002, 352 pages
    Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Mick (03/17/08)

nice
I personally loved this book but I doubt there will be a sequel. The book just captured my imagination.
Malaurie (01/22/08)

the thief lord
I loved this book as soon as I started reading it... it was one of the best books I have read in a very long time... it is a little like mysteries... you just can't stop reading it... I loved this book.. and I cant wait to watch the movie.. Thank you Cornelia for writing a wonderful book for me to read!!!
Kirsten (01/02/08)

The Thief Lord
I loved the thief lord, I couldn't wait to finish it and when I did I didn't want it to end. I could picture almost every detail of the book and i could picture it being a movie and soon after I finished the book I had found out that it was made into a movie. I can't wait to rent it. I hope to read some more of your books soon, and I hope that I'll enjoy them more as I did with the Thief lord.
Shan (12/26/07)

Awesome!
I think that this is a book that everyone should read during their life. This book shows that growing up is a very important in life. It also shows lying to people can get you into a mess especially if you are lying to friends. READ IT!!
eeeeeee (07/11/07)

marvelous
This book was excellent. A great happy ending, plotline, etc. But in some ways I agree with Lisa. There are little white lies that were ignored ( Prosper's and Bo's problem with the Hartliebs). It seems too good to be true to be placed aside like that. But I guess that sort of resolution aids the books in the happy ending.
reader (07/02/07)

Thief Lord: spectacular
This book was excellent. I read it over 5 times and I still find it as interesting as the first time I read it. I read Cornelia Funke's other books but I can't say that her book Inkheart was good. I wouldn't recommend it.
As many other people mentioned the ending for Thief Lord could've had a better ending. I wished Scipio didn't go on the merry-go-round and it Cornelia Funke could've emphasized on Prosper a bit more. But overall it was a beautiful book. It made magic and fairy tales well, seem possible
Lisa (07/01/07)

Pageturner, but some problems
I loved this book! But there are issues that bother me. All of the characters lie without consequences except for Scipio. Ida lies to the nuns, Victor lies to the Hartliebs, Conte and Mosina lie about the money. Were there no opportunities to just take a stand and be truthful? I feel like the author thinks white lies are no big deal.
Also it bothered me that Bo and Prosper never had personal resolution with the Hartliebs, and Scipio with his parents, especially after having stolen from them. I think that those things are important!
Lastly, I didn't really like the merry-go-round being magical as the rest of the story seemed so realistic. My 2 cents
oppositepull14 (06/14/07)

by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F