Reader reviews and comments on Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser by Jerry Spinelli

May 2002, 224 pages
    Aug 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 103 reader reviews for Loser

drea (08/10/05)

it was really good
i think this book is a very good book i think its really good because it shows that there r people out there who r bratz.
it deserves a 5.i thought it was gonna stink cause i had to read it for a report but i really liked it. the only thing it needed was a little bit better of a plot but thats pretty much it.
Tara & KD & Julia (05/04/05)

Sweet
This was the best book ive read in a long time i think who ever gave it a one is crazzzzzyyy ohh well its their opinion!! Have a good time reading a wonderful book!!!!:-)
matt (02/23/05)

Loser is a funny book with a wide variety of characters. I enjoyed this book when reading it for a school assignment I rated it a 4 out of 5 because it was funny and I couldn`t put it down butit was somewhat dissturbing because the main character Donald Zinkoff throws up alot but was still a very good book
Bruno (02/18/05)

I think this book was pretty good because it taught lessons and has a good style of writing. I like how he used a wide variety of characters from a born loser to a fast kid. Yet this book is not perfect like Jerry's Maniac Magee. The book didn't have as much literary devices but it did have a good conflict because Zinkoff turns out to be a loser in sports but a winner in heart.
Aixelsyd (01/10/05)

He thinks of himself as a loser, but he is not. He leads a simple life, laughs at the small things. People would say he marches to the tune of his own drum or the beat of hiw own drum or whatnot. David is an akward child, but sincere, and people don't ever take notice. He is always picked last in P.E. and in band he always seems to hit the wrong pitch at the right time. Everyone was once like him.
Nick (12/16/04)

I loved this book because i just do. And i read it in L.A.
me (12/16/04)

i like it
Nick (12/16/04)

is a great book i just read it in la and i loved it

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for ...

Y S M B, I'll S Y