Reader reviews and comments on Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser by Jerry Spinelli

May 2002, 224 pages
    Aug 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 103 reader reviews for Loser

jc (09/14/11)

boring
I like most of Spinelli's books, but this one had no plot. It was just telling the tale of some loser kid, and had no beginning or end. Only read it if you are a loser and can relate to this weird guy, which no one can.
Melissa (05/12/11)

Didn't like
The book Loser was really boring. It kept changing subjects. Like all of a sudden his mom has a baby out of nowhere. I couldn't relate to Donald at all or how it was written. I would not recommend this book to people who like action books. It is too slow.
sid (03/23/11)

loser
This book is an awesome book. Jerry Spinelli gets my applauds for this.
Kyle's mom (01/12/11)

Love the book
I just finished reading this book to my fifth grade son. This opened a whole discussion about what makes someone a "loser". Was Zinkoff a loser? Maybe. Maybe not. My son had some great insights into the perceptions of what makes someone a loser. I would recommend this book to middle school age children. Maybe it would open some minds to what life is really about.
Kels (01/06/11)

Loser
I think this book was Great! it was interesting and funny and very intriguing! Nice job Jerry! :)
Joe Baker (01/05/11)

wats up.
It's a good book
beauty queen (12/17/10)

loser
It is excellent, I mean great.
kim (10/16/10)

loser
It was the best book in world!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think.

O My D B