Reader reviews and comments on Loser, plus links to write your own review.

Loser by Jerry Spinelli X
Loser by Jerry Spinelli

May 2002, 224 pages
    Aug 2003, 224 pages

There are currently 103 reader reviews for Loser

Jessica (09/06/04)

I am 12 years old. Loser is one fo the best books I've ever read! it's funnyand sad at the same time. it's a great book and I'll tell anyone that they need to read it. It's about a boy who is a geek but doesn't know it. He has self-confidence and is optimistic at the same time.
Patrick (No last name) (06/24/04)

This is one of my favorite books because my life is basically the same as Donald Zinkoff's. I'm am always the "leftover" pick for the school basketball games and most everyone thinks im a loser. I am just happy that Zinkoff had the courage to just stand there at the end of the book and wait to be picked. That is something i would never be able to accomplished if my life depended on it.
alex (06/03/04)

loser is on of my favourite books ever! I did it for a bookreport once! this story is sbout a boy who turns from zero to hero and tries to fit although he doesn't understand that nobody likes him until on field day, he really understands he's unwanted
Connie (05/18/04)

This book is awsome because I'm just like Zinkoff because I never win and I'm diffrent from other kids.
daina (05/10/04)

i think that it showed the way kids threat each other in real life
Kyle (04/20/04)

I loved this book and I hope who ever reads it will to.
emily (01/27/04)

i thoght that this book was a great book for kids
Angela (01/15/04)

I know I am 21 years old, but I am a going to be a teacher someday. I found this book sadly reministent of my own childhood. Being a nerdy fubbleing dork was easy, but dealing with the socail pressures is what made it so tough. This story is sad but true for many students in schools.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund