Reader reviews and comments on Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages
    Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 200 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

Lulu (04/30/15)

Awsome review
I loved so much this book, i hope that all of you guys will also enjoy this book as I do.
jade (01/30/11)

ella review
This book is a good inspirational book. I based my last project on this book and got an 'A'. A great book for kids and I think that all kids should get a chance to read it.
annonomous (01/02/11)

Ella Enchanted
I simply love this book but the movie and the reviews are way off by many things. The book is great but it definitely can be confusing.
karli (09/25/09)

4-good
That was a good book. That I cannot deny.
Eleanor (03/15/09)

My Recommendation
Like the movie, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine is a wonderful book for kids and adults. The story has a definite fairy tale feel, but it goes beyond the original Cinderella story with quirky characters and a strong female lead, one who doesn't wait for her prince to save her. If you're a fantasy or fairy tale reader, this one is a must!
Rachel (07/09/08)

Ella Enchanted
I love this book. It is the best book I have ever read. It really shows girl power, and that you can do any thing if you believe. Gail Carson Levine really knows how to make a book come alive. When Ella was happy so was I if she was sad, frustrated, scared, I was also. And I love how she put it all together. With the fairies, ogres, elves, giants, and other mystical creatures it felt like a fairy tale but different. For every one not just little kids. I am 13 years old and not at all a book reader, but when I read Ella Enchanted it is only book I read and I so enjoy it. It has changed me.
Now that I know that Gail has written other books I definitely will check them out. I hope she writes more like Ella Enchanted!
Eac (05/31/08)

Woah!
This book really moved me. Ella, and the other characters were so real! I would recommend this book a thousand times. I loved it! Comparing the book to the movie, the movie looks horrible! great book!
Lola (03/24/08)

5 starred review
A very magical book filled with fun and exciting adventures. A remarkable fantasy book that you will never put down.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Goodbye Days
    Goodbye Days
    by Jeff Zentner
    Guilt can be a heavy burden for anyone to manage, but it's especially difficult for teenagers. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Most of us who turn to any subject we love remember some morning or evening hour when...

Y S M B, I'll S Y