Reader reviews and comments on Ella Enchanted, plus links to write your own review.

Ella Enchanted

by Gail Carson Levine

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine X
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

May 1997, 240 pages
    Sep 1998, 232 pages

There are currently 200 reader reviews for Ella Enchanted

sophie (10/24/03)

my name is sophie and im 13 years old. I really love to read Ella Enchanted and its like Cinderella but its have alot of fairies,orges,giants and elve. I really like to the ending of the story its really awsome!!!!!!!
I'm going to read it again is really romance and magical.
sweet_brown_sugger (10/22/03)

THIS BOOK WAS SOOOOOO GREAT! IT IS ONE OF MY FAV BOOKS! YOU HAAAVE 2 GET IT!
K Shelly (10/22/03)

I LOVE Ella Enchanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to read it with a group with my reading level at school. I was a little disappointed though when it was like Cinderlla.I mean,glass slipers,balls, mice into horses,pumpkin carriage,having to leave at midnight,a stepmotherand stepsisters,fairygodmothers,and finding the perfect fit for the slipper.That's a count of 8 things the same.I'm at a young age,and pleased of being able to read it.I really enjoyed it.And for those of you who haven't read it......
READ IT!!!!
Emily (10/16/03)

I thought Ella Enchanted was going to be a BOOOOOOOOORING book. But I was very, very wrong. when I read the first few chapters, I was glued to it for 3 hours! I think it is the best thing sonce I raed Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix! YOU BETTER BUY THIS BOOK IF YOU DONT HAVE IT! It is SO great!
Alyssa (10/06/03)

My name is Alyssa and i am 13 years old. Ella enchanted was the most wonderful and magical book i have ever read. I think the way that Gail Carson Levine spiced up the popular fairytale of cindarella and gave it a few fabulous twists is just magnificent. I just love magical romances mixed with many magical mythological creatures. i could read it a million times and i would never get sick of it. I can't wait till the movie comes out :)
Katie (10/04/03)

My name is Katie and I am twelve years old, and I was glued to the book even after reading the first page! I have read it at least four times since I first read it, and was eager to buy it and say that I have it, because all of my friends love it.
I think the author did a very good job making Ella Enchanted a little, but not a lot, like Cinderella. I have all of Gail Carson Levine's books on my big bookshelf, but Ella Enchanted is my absolute favorite! Definitely read this, even if you think you are too old. No one is too old for this book!!
Caitlin (10/02/03)

My name is Caitlin and I am 18 years old. Even though I'm older then the recomended age group for Ella Enchanted, I still find this book to be very entertaining and a great read. The author writes the book in such a way that it holds your attention. One can not wait to find out what happends to the main character, Ella. Also, the story line is an excellent "cinderella" based fairy tale that anyone can relate to and enjoy.
Stefano De Luca - Brazil (09/28/03)

I attend Graded School in São Paulo, Brazil.
I think Ella Enchanted is a great book. I wonder how the author could make such a nice and funny story based on the boring story of Cinderella. I just can't wait to watch the movie!

• Book Jacket: Circe
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes