Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

George (12/14/11)

A Child Called It
Thank you so much for writing this book! I am 14 years old and I thought that my life was crazy but yours was so brutal and sad to know that you were beaten so brutally for no apparent reason and what was even more harsh about it is that your brothers didn't even take up for you, and how you had to eat out of the trash. But you have changed a lot of people by writing this book and telling your personal life about yourself and you were treated growing up, and I hope that people understand about how you feel and how you are trying to teach everyone in the world to be safe and strong
JP (08/28/11)

The series
This has been a moving series and I loved it I would suggest reading them in order, the reason why is it gives you a better understanding. GREAT BOOKS LOVED THE SERIES!!!
renae (05/05/11)

dave pelzer book
I love his books about how he was abused and what happened. They are really good. You should read them.
matthew loreto (01/11/11)

man named dave
A Man Named Dave is a good book. It inspires you to read the rest of the series.
todd mullen (09/01/10)

good
This book is very good. I like it. I will read the next book of his.
Tiara Pasco (06/17/10)

A Child Called It
This book has truly inspired me. Beating a child to death is the worst crime ever. But Dave Pelzer was a really strong person. In the book it states that he wouldn't let his mom win and make her happy, instead he wouldn't give her the benefit of seeing him cry.
Brandi Short (10/21/09)

An absolutly terrific book
A Child Called It was a horrifying story that made me cry. It is so sad how a mother that gives birth to a beautiful baby boy could just as quickly turn on him and take the life she had once given. It was so well written and inspiring because so many people look down on there own lives but once you read this you will soon realize how bad some people have it. It makes you want to keep a very close eye out for kids living in these kinds of situations or ones like them. It gives you the strength to move passed your everyday struggles because he is probably one of my biggest heroes for coming out and sharing his story, not knowing if he would be rejected again, just for others. Its crazy to me. It's definitely a thumbs up and one that everyone should read. It will be worthwhile and gives you so much you can learn from and help others with.
Lexus McDonald (12/14/08)

Incredible
This book has truly inspired me. I would have never been able to go through all that abuse that Dave has been through. I truly look up to Dave as my hero. I am amazed he can still open his heart to people after all those years with The Mother. I am proud and I hope you keep writing for I have read all your books and am truly inspired and amazed.

Stalin's Daughter
    The Romanovs
    by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Falling
    by Jane Green

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All