Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

A Story of Triumph and Foregiveness

by Dave Pelzer

A Man Named Dave by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

nathaly calderon (01/14/05)

Hey i'm 16 years old and i have read the books A child called it and The lost Boy. I loved them the books made me cry how daves mom treated him. I love his books! Everyone should read them!
Kay (01/10/05)

Wonderful set of books (Child Called It, The Lost Boy, and A man Named Dave) depicting the courage of the child and the adults who paved the way for other children to be saved. Helped to open my eyes as to why my mother was never able to intervene to stop the abuse as I grew up in the same era. And although the CPS agencys of many states have been under public scrutiny, I know from first hand that these people truly care and are doing the best to put an end the child abuse/neglect/molestation. Thanks, Dave for writing your story.
madison prestridge (12/17/04)

i am 13 years old and have read all 4 books dave pelzer has wrote. this book was a real tear jerker and was very informative. i can only imagine what it must of felt like to recall such horrifying deatails and times that have past. i just want to say thanks to dave more putting all this in such a wonderful series and please keep up the awesome work.
kalin (12/16/04)

i love this book and i am in 6 grad!!
Anonymous (12/04/04)

My name is Christine and im currently 14 years old and I read the book A child called it and its sequel the Lost boy the both very inspiring and I was touched deeply. I am looking foward to read the third book A man named dave.
Caprice Lloyd (11/18/04)

the book is very inspirational for those who are going the the trails of any type of abuse. It's sad to know and hard to believe that there are sick people wh owould treat thier own flesh and blood in such a horrible way. But, I do pray for those who are being abused in anytype of way. I also thank Jesus for those who have made it through those abusive times.God bless all victims of abuse and give them relief.
Anonymous (11/17/04)

I had to read this novel for my assessment so i didn't really care, but when i started reading this novel, i was amazed as how it started with drama. Dave was talking about his life when he lived with "the mother" and all that just made me just hate that woman for doing things like that to her kid. I really got into the book since the first page of the novel. It really makes you think how precious life is and how children actually do change your life, for the better.
Chelsie (11/09/04)

I love all of the books written from dave he has really helped me to understand a lot about myself.
I too went through somthing like he did as a child and i now know what i can do as an adult to help pervent this from happening to any other child. this man deserves a hats off stand ovation. he is really one of my most favorite book writters. i hope that he contiues on in his calling.

• Book Jacket: Rebellion
    by E Lockhart
  • Book Jacket: Jumping at Shadows
    Jumping at Shadows
    by Sasha Abramsky
    In September 2015, fourteen-year old Ahmed Mohamed was thrust into the national spotlight when the ...

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E