MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

A Story of Triumph and Foregiveness

by Dave Pelzer

A Man Named Dave

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

Amanda (04/06/04)

This was a great book and i have a friend that does though alot of stuff
every weekend her mom has parties everyone gets drunk (the mom friends) and she hates it
when the party gets over her mom come up and yells at her like none other i wish that i could do more but all i can do now is pray and hope for the best
Dave Pelzer you bombest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol
luv yah
buh bye
Always luv,
AmAnDa

<< Dont ever tell yourself that something wont happen because someday it just might becaome you dream!!! >>

claire (04/03/04)

Thankyou David Pezler. Im now 19 but growing up as a child I carried A heavy secret on my shoulders. I went through 6 years of sexual abuse by a family member. It all stopped but later on in my life I found out that the things that happened to me soon started happening to a younger sibling of mine. I blamed my self, I started to go down a path that would lead me to hell. Then I read Davids book.
I have read all books many times,In fact I now use them for refrence. Knowing that there are people in the world that have been through the same things helped me to understand that i was being very selfish. If David can do it, then so can I. Davids books didnt only help me theyve help many people. Because of Davids currage, I have learnt the better way of life. I now see a future in my self and I am always striving to better myself. Thankyou David you have helped my to change my life for the best. And although I havent met this man I am truely in love with him and his work.

After reading more of your reveiws, it comes to light that there are many of you going through the same things. I really feel i need to meet this man. David has been like a hand leading me to the right direction. If I had never read his books then I would still be on the same path. David has taught me to forgive as hard as it can be it works. When I decided to forgive the man who caused me and my own so much pain it was like a big weight had been lifted from me. I will never forget what has happened but I will use it to make myself a better person. I have a strong desire to meet him to let him know how thankfull i am. But we all know that David is a very busy man. I will let him get on with helping the people that still need him. I will try to help the people that need me. I feel that I have Learnt so much from a book. The funny thing is i never resd books, i could never get in to them. But I couldnt put Davids down.
Navdeep Sahota (03/28/04)

I am thirteen and i read this book when i was twelve. Being of indian origin i have a strict up gringing and my parents often hit me, but that it nothijg compaerd to what david pezler has been thorugh. i would want to meet him if i could. maybe one day i will. but im a young person having read tyhis book saying it will make you think very differently about life. read it and find out.
britteny rochell (03/26/04)

its sad to see what this man has gone through.good luck with your life and may god bless you
unknown (03/09/04)

Dave Pelzer's books help me a great deal. The past two years have not been easy for my family. I am 13 years old and my parents just finalized their divorce. Mr. Pelzer's books have encouraged me. Helped me see life better. They have given me the courage to live life to the fullest! He made it through harder times than I have EVER had. A Child Called "It" especially touched me. I hope to get to read more books of his that come out in the future! Thank you!
swat (03/01/04)

i liked this book alot because i have gone through abuse before. NOT as bad as his though. He had the courage to survive and so did I. i love all of his books and hope he writes more.
Janet Owens (01/27/04)

WELL FOR ME I NEVER EXPERICED ANYTHING LIKE THIS BUT IT TOUCHED ME A GREAT DEAL AND KNOW I'M DOING MY REASEARCH PAPER ON HIM AS A CHILD UNTIL HE GREW UP.
Kelly Jo Sand (01/07/04)

I like the book and when i am reading it. it makes me think that i thought i had it bad but know i dont think that way.

• Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun