Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

A Story of Triumph and Foregiveness

by Dave Pelzer

A Man Named Dave by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

fay (05/31/04)

it was a great book and it was very sad. when i have kids they are not going through any of the trouble. i will protect them forever
LAMORENA1688 (05/31/04)

IT WAS A VERY EMOTIONAL BOOK. I LIKED IT ALOT IT SHOW HARD WORK CAN TAKE YOU PLACES SO IAM PROUD OF DAVE....
some_chick (05/27/04)

i thought that David pelzer was an excellent man since he lived through what most people never even thoguth abut before. He is me hero. I look up to him in many ways , If that was me i would probbably have given up at the beginning and try to find a way for the pain to stop. In all of his books i couldn't believe what a child like him could put up with. Some people say that he dragged out the truth but how do they know since they weren't in his shoes. I guess what i'm trying to say is that I think David is truely one of the Heroes ever. I'm only 16 and i'm so glad that i wasn't brought up in a community like that. I was so touched by his writing that i'm doing a report on it. I only image the things he put through and the books brought tears to my eyes . I think every one is glad we have someone like him in the world to try and help the young comunity. Thank you david pelzer
sam brunton (05/20/04)

i loved it
Jana (05/20/04)

I am 17 years old and i love all the books he has written. i get emotion and i feel radge.
i feel bad what he went through. and what others has been.
This book is realy good. And all ages will love it.
Jana

P.S love it
Rebecca (05/09/04)

i am 16 and i absolutely loved it
Fausto Castro (05/05/04)

very good book
Rita (04/14/04)

This is one of the best books that i have ever read. This book gives many people hopes and helps get through alot in their lives. Many of my friends have read it and all say that it is a very inspiring book. I recommend this book to anybody not only if your going through a certain kind of abuse just to anybody, anybody who seeks advice and anybody who has hopes and dreams.

• Book Jacket: If We Were Villains

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R