Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

A Story of Triumph and Foregiveness

by Dave Pelzer

A Man Named Dave

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

fay (05/31/04)

it was a great book and it was very sad. when i have kids they are not going through any of the trouble. i will protect them forever
LAMORENA1688 (05/31/04)

IT WAS A VERY EMOTIONAL BOOK. I LIKED IT ALOT IT SHOW HARD WORK CAN TAKE YOU PLACES SO IAM PROUD OF DAVE....
some_chick (05/27/04)

i thought that David pelzer was an excellent man since he lived through what most people never even thoguth abut before. He is me hero. I look up to him in many ways , If that was me i would probbably have given up at the beginning and try to find a way for the pain to stop. In all of his books i couldn't believe what a child like him could put up with. Some people say that he dragged out the truth but how do they know since they weren't in his shoes. I guess what i'm trying to say is that I think David is truely one of the Heroes ever. I'm only 16 and i'm so glad that i wasn't brought up in a community like that. I was so touched by his writing that i'm doing a report on it. I only image the things he put through and the books brought tears to my eyes . I think every one is glad we have someone like him in the world to try and help the young comunity. Thank you david pelzer
sam brunton (05/20/04)

i loved it
Jana (05/20/04)

I am 17 years old and i love all the books he has written. i get emotion and i feel radge.
i feel bad what he went through. and what others has been.
This book is realy good. And all ages will love it.
Jana

P.S love it
Rebecca (05/09/04)

i am 16 and i absolutely loved it
Fausto Castro (05/05/04)

very good book
Rita (04/14/04)

This is one of the best books that i have ever read. This book gives many people hopes and helps get through alot in their lives. Many of my friends have read it and all say that it is a very inspiring book. I recommend this book to anybody not only if your going through a certain kind of abuse just to anybody, anybody who seeks advice and anybody who has hopes and dreams.

Stalin's Daughter
    The Romanovs
    by Simon Sebag Montefiore

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All