MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on A Man Named Dave, plus links to write your own review.

A Man Named Dave

A Story of Triumph and Foregiveness

by Dave Pelzer

A Man Named Dave

Oct 1999, 284 pages
    Sep 2000, 304 pages

There are currently 282 reader reviews for A Man Named Dave

Lissa Walker (12/04/03)

I really think this is a good book and who ever like to read sad books then they could read this one it really good. I am looking forward into reading the next Dave Pelzer
debbie y. (12/03/03)

This book " The Lost Boy" really touch my heart...I know how it felt when someone get abuse..because i am one of them. But I hold on tight and just keep on moving on.
bart (11/26/03)

This book made me cry and happy at the same time.i had to go throw want dave had to go throw. it is hard.but i just kept on praying to go. know my brothers live with a nother famliy and me and my sister are in a nother. we see each onther all the time.but we all happy now.
Bree (11/25/03)

Great story but it is sad it had to happen to a child but I'm glad he lived to tell us. This book made me cry till the end!! I'm 24 years old
Jessica (11/24/03)

This Book touched me.
K. (11/21/03)

I went through abuse when I was little until my mother finally left my father. For that I'm lucky that I didn't have to endure what Dave Pelzer did. He is an extremely strong individual to have been so tormented and turn out to be such a wonderful, caring person. I am quite proud to know that there are still people in the world like Dave Pelzer, it makes me feel like all hope for mankind isn't lost. If one person has the strength to overcome such a horrible background, it inspires others to do the same. I highly reccommend his books. They'll make you smile, cry, and are so riveting you cannot put them down. I only wish I could give Dave something back for the lesson his books have taught me. For now I give him my unending support and hope that he keeps living the life he loves.
Taylor Dawn Moore* (11/19/03)

omg i loved all your books there all so inspiring i have all of them i got alot of friends to read them they all liked them but mostly everyone cried how could you not cry there terifieing(?sp) well you really inspired my life and i wish that i could open up a foster home for all these little boys and girls out there that are getting abused noone deserves it but maybe when i get older im only 14 right now but thats really my goal to open up a foster care for all these boys and girls ya other people have already done that but im doing it because your books encouraged me too!
Anonymous (10/29/03)

Dave Pelzer is an inspiring man. With his long and hard journey of life, he is able to stick things out and show his audience in a marvelous way. He has a way of pulling you into his world and you find yourself wanting to read on just to see the outcome. It's a very sad way to have a childhood, but it's beautiful to continue to love life enough to keep trying. This book, along with A Child Called "It" and A Lost Boy, have helped me put my life into perspective. Thank you Dave Pelzer and God Bless to all of those who have similar stories!

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q