Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 80 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Marylou Starkey

Three cups of tea
I had a hard time putting this book down in order to go to bed. It is one of the best reads I have ever had.
Guje

hero
Perhaps the best non-fiction book I have read recently is Three cup of tea. It is a beautifully written. Same time it is also a critically important and truly remarkable tale of an inspiring account of how one man former mountaineer and military veteran can make a difference. I have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone who likes real-life adventure and inspiring stories. Greg Martenson represents the best of his nation, he is really hero
college mom

i found this story very inspiring. It goes to show that there are really some people in this world that really do make a difference. I read this book as a requirement for college and I really enjoyed it. It has really inspired me to stand up and make a difference. I plan to travel to Kenya next spring.
Average Joe

Here's How to Help
This was an enlightening book, no doubt. If you have read the book--or even if you haven't--and are itching to contribute in a way that does not require much sacrifice, I have a way for you:

1) Go to www.goodsearch.com, or type in Goodsearch in your browser
2) Under "who do you goodsearch for", type in CAI or Central Asia Institute
3) Select the charity named "Central Asia Institute- CAI (Bozeman, MT)
4) Set the page as your browser. I am not entirely sure the steps on a PC (as I have a Mac), but if you probe long enough, the site is sure to have directions. On a mac, when you are logged on to safari, click on "safari" on the top toolbar and scroll down to preferences. Then, Copy and paste the desired url in the designated "homepage" spot.

From the reading, we can tell that the smallest portions of money can make a difference. Proceeds go directly to the cause in the most efficient way possible. A penny for a pencil and dollar pays a teacher's salary for one day. Goodsearch works by donating approximately one cent for every time you search and a couple percents every time you buy online and does this from the revenue generated by advertisements. This book is truthful and full of integrity and hopefully inspires us to help the underprivileged.
SinGApORe :)

Three Cups of Tea: The Young Reader’s Edition By Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin Adapted by Sarah Thompson
Three Cups of Tea is about Greg Mortenson and how one day he was climbing K2-the world’s second highest mountain- in honor of his younger sister Christa, but things go wrong as he gets lost. Greg wanders and wanders until he came to a poor village, where Haji Ali (the chief) takes him in and comforts him. Moved by Haji Ali’s and the villagers kindness, Greg promises to come back and build a school. This is the remarkable story of how he encounters all the problem and builds not only one but sixty schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan especially for girls during the Taliban.

I liked the fact that this was a real life story written like a chapter book. The book was so interesting that i couldn’t put it down because of all the adventures and problems he had. It was quite surprising at some of the parts especially when he encountered problem. This book makes you feel Greg’s happiness, sadness and anger. All around it was a very good book.

I would recommend this book to kids and adults because it show how you can help promote peace and education to the world. If we all do our part, the world may start to heal. You can understand the book quite easily without any hesitation for any work except for the balti words.
H.W.C.

Three Cups of Tea is a must-read
Here is of how one man with the determination to honor his word to reward a kindness shown him can change the way of life for nations we need as friends. It is a simple yet enormously difficult task. However one which must be done if we are to ever stop the morass which has existed in the middle-east for thousands of years. Only through these simple acts can advances be made to overcome the senseless slaughter of innocents. Should be required reading for every American regardless of religious, political or ethnic background. Greg Mortenson shows the way and should be recognized as a genuine American Hero.
"Greg, you're definitely one of mine. Thank you." I'm 76 years old.
Kelly

Make this a must read
If you think you may only read one book this year, make it Three Cups of Tea, it's amazing, inspiring, eye opening and you might even learn a thing or two. Its one of those books you can't put down - buy it, borrow it, but definitely read it!
tom

Why So Little Conservative Interest in "Three Cups of Tea"
I read Three Cups of Tea while on retreat a couple of years ago and was fascinated. Since then I've seen Mortenson interviewed a number of times including a terrific interview with Bill Moyer's on Moyer's Journal last winter.

In doing a quick web-search I discovered Mortenson has only been interviewed once on the FOX News channel and that was a four minute interview.

What is FOX News afraid of?

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict, notable author of previous historical fiction such ...
  • Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

At the Edge of the Haight
    by Katherine Seligman

Winner of the 2019 PEN/Bellwether Prize for Socially Engaged Fiction.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

Our wisdom comes from our experience, and our experience comes from our foolishness

T M T C, T M T Stay T S