MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 80 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Jeannie

3 Cups of Tea
An overrated and poorly written book lacking in good editing. It seemed in several passages there were 2 writers instead of one. I'm pleased to find others not as enchanted. I also felt that if he was driven to do good he could start at home, particularly with his medical training. His experiences in Asia did not ring true as mentioned by other critics.
Marie

Not worth the time
Shoddily written, shameless self-promotion by a pedestrian writer who is full of himself.
bob

All lies
First of all, Pakistan is not one of the most dangerous places in the world, if you go to Detroit in Michigan, it is 10 times more dangerous than the entire country of Pakistan (I would know because my family is from there and I have visited many times to both places!) and second this book is all wrong, he said he built 14 schools when he only built 4 schools, and the villagers didn't carry him down to their village to take care of him, he went to them and asked to stay! I do not recomend reading his lies!
highsCOOLer

123 terrible
First thing is first, if you have bought this book burn it or terminate it from your presence.
second, this is the worst book ever, I stopped reading after the first chapter. the book described every detail other than building the schools, and...
Third, where are the schools? He spent more on the book tour than the schools. what a selfish...
I'll let you finish the book and make your own adjective.
ashley martin

worst book ever
Three Cups of Tea was the most boring book I have ever read. I had to read it for a book report and I literally fell asleep 4 times while reading it .
Grant

One of the worst
The storyline may be inspirational but the woeful, elementary prose makes this book very heavy going. Some of the most painful purple prose ever committed to print produces unintended humor or may be used as a low-cost sleeping pill.
Wilson

Book
I didn't like this book. I couldn't finish it. It was too descriptive and the authors kept getting sidetracked from the main purpose: Building the school!!!

I don't recommend reading it unless you have months to spend reading it; however, if you need something to help put you to sleep, 3 Cups of Tea is the book for you!
Chinese freak:)

Greg mortenson by chinese point of view
ME MO SPEAK ENGLISH. I tried to read book for first time, and was extremely overwhelmed. Greg Mortenson inspired me, saying that I should never give up. Now I have courage and hope to do so many things. Although I thought that he should of described it better, and not describe his greedy daughter :)

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

• Book Jacket: The Stone Girl
    The Stone Girl
    by Dirk Wittenborn
    The Stone Girl by Dirk Wittenborn was a hit with our First Impressions reviewers, with 19 out of 21 ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Train to Key West
    The Last Train to Key West
    by Chanel Cleeton
    The Last Train to Key West by Chanel Cleeton received very positive comments from our First ...
  • Book Jacket: Tokyo Ueno Station
    Tokyo Ueno Station
    by Yu Miri
    Kazu is a ghost, seemingly condemned to haunt one of Japan's busiest train stations, the grounds of ...
    Delayed Rays of a Star
    by Amanda Lee Koe
    Amanda Lee Koe's Delayed Rays of a Star begins with a late-1920s photo of three women at a party in ...

The Voyage of the Morning Light
    by Marina Endicott

A sweeping novel set aboard a merchant ship sailing through the South Pacific in 1912.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Wedding Thief

The Wedding Thief
by Mary Simses

Funny, soulful, and as sweet as buttercream, The Wedding Thief is the perfect summer read.

N M Cup O T