Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Marie

Not worth the time
Shoddily written, shameless self-promotion by a pedestrian writer who is full of himself.
bob

All lies
First of all, Pakistan is not one of the most dangerous places in the world, if you go to Detroit in Michigan, it is 10 times more dangerous than the entire country of Pakistan (I would know because my family is from there and I have visited many times to both places!) and second this book is all wrong, he said he built 14 schools when he only built 4 schools, and the villagers didn't carry him down to their village to take care of him, he went to them and asked to stay! I do not recomend reading his lies!
highsCOOLer

123 terrible
First thing is first, if you have bought this book burn it or terminate it from your presence.
second, this is the worst book ever, I stopped reading after the first chapter. the book described every detail other than building the schools, and...
Third, where are the schools? He spent more on the book tour than the schools. what a selfish...
I'll let you finish the book and make your own adjective.
ashley martin

worst book ever
Three Cups of Tea was the most boring book I have ever read. I had to read it for a book report and I literally fell asleep 4 times while reading it .
Grant

One of the worst
The storyline may be inspirational but the woeful, elementary prose makes this book very heavy going. Some of the most painful purple prose ever committed to print produces unintended humor or may be used as a low-cost sleeping pill.
Wilson

Book
I didn't like this book. I couldn't finish it. It was too descriptive and the authors kept getting sidetracked from the main purpose: Building the school!!!

I don't recommend reading it unless you have months to spend reading it; however, if you need something to help put you to sleep, 3 Cups of Tea is the book for you!
Chinese freak:)

Greg mortenson by chinese point of view
ME MO SPEAK ENGLISH. I tried to read book for first time, and was extremely overwhelmed. Greg Mortenson inspired me, saying that I should never give up. Now I have courage and hope to do so many things. Although I thought that he should of described it better, and not describe his greedy daughter :)
DX

Story? Check. Storytelling? Uncheck
Greg Mortenson's story is inspirational and true. We can all agree on that.

The fault that this book suffers from is the compete lack of any writing talent. The book put emphasis on boring details. All the while, quotes from the present day make the book feel like a 400 page newspaper article. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted it to be a novel or a biography.

Greg Mortenson had an amazing story to tell, and I respect that. However, it seems that Mortenson wanted to write it like a novel, but had a journalist help him write it, resulting in a very poor blend of styles and an overall poor book.

• Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...
  • Book Jacket: Fireborne
    Fireborne
    by Rosaria Munda
    Inspired by classical political theory and the French Revolution, Rosaria Munda's YA debut Fireborne...
  • Book Jacket: Frankissstein
    Frankissstein
    by Jeanette Winterson
    Jeanette Winterson's futurist sci-fi/alternative history hybrid unfolds in two main timelines. In ...
  • Book Jacket: Unbreakable
    Unbreakable
    by Richard Askwith
    In this well-researched biography, journalist Richard Askwith takes readers on a journey into 1930s ...

Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree & Katie McCabe

An inspiring life story that speaks urgently to our troubled times.

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Win Wild Game

Wild Game: My Mother, Her Lover, and Me (Memoir)

A Best of Fall Title from: People, Entertainment Weekly, BuzzFeed, NPR, BBC, and many more!

T Bite T B