Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Amina

Life Changing .
This book is extremely amazing . It tells the story of only one man , making a huge difference . I myself am a 14 year old Muslim girl from Algeria , and I live in America . People say that there are many poor & homeless people in America , but compared to Pakistan , Afghanistan , Iraq , etc . We're actually doing very well . Muslim countries are extremely low in economy & whatnot . We should try to help , not fight , Muslim countries . I hope this book helped show that Muslims are people , just like you .
Pat O

A MUST read for ALL ages anywhere in the world.
This book is an amazing read. I opened it last week and I couldn't put it down. I cried a few times because I was overwhelmed by this man's tenacity and integrity. He is an inspiration!

I have read many of the reviews on "Three Cups of Tea" and I am disappointed in people who state on any level that the book is a poor read.

I have bought four more copies of the book to give to my adult children and one for my best friend. I intend to pass the one I have around as much as I can!

How ONE person can make a difference is often an ignored statement; however this book proves that ONE person can make a difference and Greg Mortenson did. Shame on anyone for negating any of this man's gentle caring soul.

God bless Greg Mortenson and his family. Mr. Mortenson proves that when it comes to kindness and learning - there are no borders!
Susan

It's been sitting on my shelf TOO LONG!!
An avid reader, I bought this book when it first came out. It has been sitting on my shelf as I read the most popular novels by my favorite authors. Last week, I had no book to read and finally picked up "Three Cups of Tea" and simply could not put it down! The honesty and integrity of the experiences shared coupled with the skilled prose made this an unforgettable experience!! I could picture, not only K2 but the villages described with it's rich traditions and it's insurmountable needs!! I have already bought 5 additional copies and given them to friends letting them know that "Three Cups of Tea" is not a book but an experience!!! Bravo to Greg Mortensen for his work (I wish I had such courage!!) and thanks to David Oliver Relin for helping him tell his story!
Emmanuel Rayos

Change of Perspective
This book really showed how a single individual can make a great difference in the world. Yes poverty is all around us. Financial crises victimizes all, even the so called powerful and rich countries. We, as individuals, can either complain or make our own mark in our own capacities. We don't need to leap tall buildings or be strong as steel to make a difference. We just have to have an open mind and a caring heart full of love and compassion.
Hope

Together
I think this is a book that every American should read. Isn't this really why our men & women of America are putting their lives on the line? Not for revenge, but so peoples in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, you name it, will have a chance at a better future.

Greg Mortenson deals with whoever will help regardless of their station in life. They are working together for their children.
miss shaheen rizvi

the candle of hope
Tree Cups of Tea the great book by a very great writer. His mind & heart as big as k2. All of us want to see this world to be more beautiful. Peaceful. The children have books in there hands not stone .Please give hope to our poor kids that they are the candles in the darkness.
Marissala

Its Simply Amazing.
I'm 13 years old and my teacher handed me this book and told me to read and do a report on it. I looked at the cover, saw the title (which made no sense to me at all) and thought that the book would suck. About a week later I started reading it out of extreme boredom. It automatically caught my attention. I couldn't put it down. I read for about 3 hours before my desire to sleep overcame me. I woke up the next morning and read on my way to school. Three Cups of Tea is incredible! I used to think that one person could only make a small difference in this world, and that if you got a group of maybe 1 million people or so, you'll actually get somewhere. This book proved me wrong. Greg Mortenson has the courage and bravery to build schools in an area that is Anti-America. He is my hero. I'm trying to convince my dad, who is an avid reader, to buy this book, read it, and then give it to everyone he knows. Its jut that good! This is by far the best book I have ever read. I think the whole world could benefit from reading this book, and thanks to Greg Mortenson some people in the world will be able to read it. Go buy it! Go to the library! Borrow it from a friend! Just read it!
Briana

Inspiring
Three Cups of Tea really inspired me and I want to be just like Greg Mortenson someday. I want to be able to reach out and help people who are less fortunate than me. I think that Greg Mortenson is a true hero.

• Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...
  • Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...
  • Book Jacket: Fireborne
    Fireborne
    by Rosaria Munda
    Inspired by classical political theory and the French Revolution, Rosaria Munda's YA debut Fireborne...

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D