Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

Three Cups of Tea

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

dzayour

excellent
Captivating, heart-breaking, inspiring narrative of a man who fought terrorism and its factories in rural Pakistan and Afghanistan by building schools to children mostly girls. You will feel proud you are American.
Christiana Christensen Juck

Reading the book improves your own life.
Reading this book improved my world view. At a time when humans walking around the Middle East seem less than desirable, Mortenson's detailed description of his friends and contacts revived my spirit and even helped me become a better person because I loved his work, I loved his achievements and I loved the people he described so vividly. His remarkable efforts and achievements uplift everyone's spirit. I wanna do what he did!!
Meg

A Must Read
Nutrition for mind, heart and soul...best describes my experience reading Three Cups of Tea. Mortenson embraces the culture of a simple yet highly sophisticated world...fulfills a promise to give back to a community who takes him in...and teaches us through his persistence and humility...what is takes to truly understand the world behind the headlines and news briefs! Reading Three Cups of Tea will be a worthwhile endeavor!
Anno

Three Cups of Tea
Wonderful book. Could not put it down.

Wish there were more people in the world like Greg Mortenson but I can't help but wonder if he like so many who give of themselves with a passion, will his hand of friendship be bitten by those he helps.

Couldn't help but think is he blind to their own governments motives for allowing him such freedom will these schools be taken over used for oppression rather than expansion of thought and knowledge. Or am I being cynical. Nevertheless the world needs more people like Greg who are not afraid to step up and be counted whatever the cost.
Wonderful wonderful book
Shujaat Ali

Turth of Baltistan which is still hidden
Hi,hope every viewer is fine.................
Three Cups of Tea is really the most inspiring book for last three years and I am happy that this book title (Three Cups of Tea) is based on my mother language BALTI....
but for the kind information of all readers there is neither a Taliban nor a concept of Talibanization in Baltistan region (new province of Pakistan).All the people of baltistan are peace-loving and behave as a good hosts for the foreigners especially. They take care of the visitors and give memorable company, besides thinking about nation, religion and sectarianism...........
I think that all the foreigners who have visited Baltistan know well the feelings of Balti peoples..........."SHUJAAT ALI BALTISTANI"
elaine

Three Cups of Tea, a political review
Relin has a gift in writing, this book was amazingly written, I would love to see Relin research & tackle the "madrassa" problem in the U.S. - a subject without Mortenson humanitarian feat, to see if he, Relin, can truly make a difference on his own. This is a very real concern to to my Muslim friends that are peace loving American!
Relin's narrow viewpoint in the end regarding Fox News was unfortunate; as a John F.Kennedy liberal, I, like many, are beginning to watch this media and have found that if I want to see honest intellectual debates of important issues by true advocates, Fox cable is the station I turn to. No more "spoon-feeding" of news for me, I have become a news junkie with regard to our small world. Thank you also David Petraus for Nation-building and dedicating his life to this most essential cause.
Donna Creech

Outraged
I just read this book. It was well written,but I must say as an American I am outraged. Why doesn't someone help all of those poor homeless people that live on the streets. A lot them of children in need. What about America people? It seems to me everyone is turning their backs on our own people.
MJM

Good book but hard to read
I agree with the earlier reviewer that the first 1/2 was hard to read and you kept waiting for the story to start. Perhaps there was too much description of the area and too many foreign words which you can't remember anyhow. The second half was much better as things got started. All in all an inspiring book. I like that you saw his faults as well as greatness. Made it believable.

• Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...
  • Book Jacket: Fireborne
    Fireborne
    by Rosaria Munda
    Inspired by classical political theory and the French Revolution, Rosaria Munda's YA debut Fireborne...
  • Book Jacket: Frankissstein
    Frankissstein
    by Jeanette Winterson
    Jeanette Winterson's futurist sci-fi/alternative history hybrid unfolds in two main timelines. In ...
  • Book Jacket: Unbreakable
    Unbreakable
    by Richard Askwith
    In this well-researched biography, journalist Richard Askwith takes readers on a journey into 1930s ...

Nothing to See Here
    by Kevin Wilson

A moving and uproarious novel about a woman who finds meaning caring for two children with remarkable abilities.

The In-Betweens
    by Mira Ptacin

"A fascinating history of an American community of Spiritualists... a fabulous read."
    —Elizabeth Gilbert

Win Wild Game

Wild Game: My Mother, Her Lover, and Me (Memoir)

A Best of Fall Title from: People, Entertainment Weekly, BuzzFeed, NPR, BBC, and many more!

T Bite T B