Reader reviews and comments on Three Cups of Tea, plus links to write your own review.

One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time

by Greg Mortenson, David O. Relin

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson, David O. Relin X
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson, David O. Relin

Mar 2006, 352 pages
    Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 79 reader reviews for Three Cups of Tea

Alex K.

Wonderful story of real life Heroism
Contrary to what some people might say, I thought this book was very well written. Easy to understand and hard to put down when started, I fail to understand why the people who have reviewed before me see this as badly written. I did notice Relin was diverted to give histories of people when he didn't need to, but in some places this suited the story very well. Overall I found this book an extraordinary read that both shocked and thrilled me, I would recommend this book to anyone, finding it as a good read to all ages.
Mirna Lopez Milazzo

The best book I have read. El mejor libro
I recommend this book to be part of Summer reading for different levels in schools to show our children that we take everything for granted in America. To show how other kids in other countries are willing to learn without having all the materials/facilities that we have in the US. This book shows that we can conquer peace in the world by helping others. God Bless Mr.Mortenson and his family.
Erica

Great Book
This was a wonderful book with an even better message. Greg Mortenson is an inspiration to all to achieve your dreams and make them happen. This book was written to explain the mission of one man who was able to connect with a group of people that needed his help. He has dedicated his life to helping to educate children especially girls. He believes along with myself that educating girls can reduce terrorism and bring peace.
dorothy

The hope of education through a real page-turner!
I read only a few of the other comments, and although I did notice some writing problems, I was definitely not bored! I was glad to get another viewpoint on the Muslim culture and a clearer understanding of how the Taliban came about and who the members are, although I keep in mind that this viewpoint is also somewhat slanted.

The true importance of this book is the exposition of the need for education and educational facilities in this area and culture, and of the hope for the future it holds. This is true for all parts of the world. Greg Mortenson is to be commended for his determination in the face of all the sacrifices he has made and risks he has taken.

Read this one and see what I mean.
Valeriy

Three Cups of Tea
Thrilling and filled will complications, the Three cups of tea shows that the only way to fight terrorism is through education.
Trudy Wardrop

Three Cups of Tea
Unquestionably the most remarkable true story I've ever read. It is a "must "read for anyone interested in either adventure or peace. Perfect for a book club! Kudos to Greg Mortenson, who surely deserves the Nobel Peace Price for his untiring humanitarian work in some of the roughest terrain in the world.
mona

Three cups of tea
I thought that we didn't have real heros in this wide world but Greg impressed me, and he is the true hero! He is my hero, I agree that if you read this book he will be your hero too. This is the best book and he is caring about all the people like the global community.
Carol

Learn a Lesson.
For all those people who were too sidetracked by the writing...GET OVER IT. You don't see the forest for the trees! Look beyond and see the story of what a person can do for others. It serves as an example to all of us in this day of the Me First society. IT IS NOT SELF SERVING. I have seen Mortensen on Book TV and on the TODAY show. He is a modest man. I wish more Americans would learn a lesson from this man and others like him. I thank God for people like him.

• Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...
  • Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...
  • Book Jacket: Fireborne
    Fireborne
    by Rosaria Munda
    Inspired by classical political theory and the French Revolution, Rosaria Munda's YA debut Fireborne...

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D