MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Andrew (10/29/02)

Dang!!!! This was a great book. I love the genre and The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman met my expectations for another Brian Jacques book. The Redwall series are great, too.
Alex (10/16/02)

This was a great book! I loved the Redwall books and this was awsome aswell! I own them all they are so good, and the Castaway of the Flying Duthcman was Very well written aswell.
mark (10/05/02)

I loved the book Castaways of the Flying Dutchman it is the best book i have ever read i also liked the redwall books
Remy (09/06/02)

It was a great book. One of the best I ever read. Brian Jaques is a very good writer.
May (07/26/02)

When I first was introduced to the Redwall series, I thought it would be so dumb with talking animals and so on. But after I read my first book(Redwall), I thought it was the greatest book ever written! I continued to read every book as they came out. Each one was as good as the last, or better. This book was (obviously) not a Redwall book. I think it was a positively brill book, but some parts were a little wierd. Don't get me wrong, I still love the books by Brian Jacques, but this one was just not my style.
Icatchdreams (07/02/02)

When I saw my freind alex reading the book Salamandastron I asked him if it was any good. He enthusiastically told me it was awsome. So I checked out the book The Pearls of Lutra at the library and began to read. I was so washed up into the world of redwall that I read the book three times! To tell you the truth I still have the same book to this day, I payed the Library for the book. I bought and have read each novel by Brian Jacques. I still enjoy every chapter of each book. Thank you!
Brittany (06/18/02)

The Flying Dutchman was one of the greatest books I have ever read. My best friend Lydia started reading books by Brian Jacques and at first I thought books about talking animals were all stupid but Brian Jacques books were the bomb! In my opinion Brian Jaques should write more books, in my opinion he is the greatest writer ever!
mookie-al (05/24/02)

I only have one word to sum up this book...EXCELLENT!!!!!.

• Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...
  • Book Jacket: The Loney
    The Loney
    by Andrew Hurley
    Landscape can be a writer's best friend. Whether it's the mountains of England's lake...
  • Book Jacket: The Mirror Thief
    The Mirror Thief
    by Martin Seay
    It is easy to see why Martin Seay's debut novel, The Mirror Thief, has been compared to David ...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun