MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Andrew (10/29/02)

Dang!!!! This was a great book. I love the genre and The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman met my expectations for another Brian Jacques book. The Redwall series are great, too.
Alex (10/16/02)

This was a great book! I loved the Redwall books and this was awsome aswell! I own them all they are so good, and the Castaway of the Flying Duthcman was Very well written aswell.
mark (10/05/02)

I loved the book Castaways of the Flying Dutchman it is the best book i have ever read i also liked the redwall books
Remy (09/06/02)

It was a great book. One of the best I ever read. Brian Jaques is a very good writer.
May (07/26/02)

When I first was introduced to the Redwall series, I thought it would be so dumb with talking animals and so on. But after I read my first book(Redwall), I thought it was the greatest book ever written! I continued to read every book as they came out. Each one was as good as the last, or better. This book was (obviously) not a Redwall book. I think it was a positively brill book, but some parts were a little wierd. Don't get me wrong, I still love the books by Brian Jacques, but this one was just not my style.
Icatchdreams (07/02/02)

When I saw my freind alex reading the book Salamandastron I asked him if it was any good. He enthusiastically told me it was awsome. So I checked out the book The Pearls of Lutra at the library and began to read. I was so washed up into the world of redwall that I read the book three times! To tell you the truth I still have the same book to this day, I payed the Library for the book. I bought and have read each novel by Brian Jacques. I still enjoy every chapter of each book. Thank you!
Brittany (06/18/02)

The Flying Dutchman was one of the greatest books I have ever read. My best friend Lydia started reading books by Brian Jacques and at first I thought books about talking animals were all stupid but Brian Jacques books were the bomb! In my opinion Brian Jaques should write more books, in my opinion he is the greatest writer ever!
mookie-al (05/24/02)

I only have one word to sum up this book...EXCELLENT!!!!!.

• Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    The Lost Child
    by Caryl Phillips
    The Lost Child is a modern novel constructed within a historical frame, invoking one of the most ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win The Charmers

The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler

"This tale of romantic suspense makes the perfect beach read."
—Library Journal