MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Amanda Lynn Groves (03/31/03)

I love this book! I also love the Redwall series, but this is good. He is truly a great author. Some of my friends say "that rat book" but I definitely say mice aren't rats.
Libby Backberg (02/02/03)

I haven't read this book yet but a friend let me borrow it and told me that I would like the book Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
Kirsten Henry (01/25/03)

hi, I just finished reading Brian Jaques Castaways of the Flying Dutchman and I was just blown away by how much it made me get into the book. I could picture alot of the book through my head as if I was watching a movie. I recommend that anyone who like a good read that Castaways of the Flying Dutchman is the best book to read.
Susanna (01/18/03)

Oh my god! This was absolutely one of the best books I have ever read and that's saying something. I rate it among the top 5 books I've read. Brian Jacques is an amazing author. I read his Redwall series and was totally captivated. In this book he mixes the legend of the Flying Dutchman with mystery and adventure. It's so breathtaking. You can almost see Captain Vanderdecken laughing madly and cursing while the frothy sea bubbles and boils in turmoil around him. There is something about this book that captures you and doesn't let go until the end. I am a fast reader so I almost cried when I reached the end because I wanted it to go on. I strongly recomend reading this book for the thrilling sensation alone. Brian Jacques better write a sequal or I'll go insane. In every sense of the word.
Daniel (01/15/03)

Hello, I just finished reading this book, I rented it from the school, it is part of our reading program, I am in the 8th grade, and I thought this book was absolutly AMAZING! The best book I have read in a long time, and to tell you the truth, I am not really into reading all that much, but this book really opened up my eyes... To anyone who may read this, this is really an amazing book, I am now beging to read the redwall series, and so far, they are astonishing aswell, Brian, I send my praises to you on an amazing book, and I hope everyone has the chance to read it sometime, Thank You

Daniel of Chicago Illinois
alexander odette (11/19/02)

this book was excellent i hope to see more of this character,and series ,also i could not put this book down. i was suprised i had mixed feelings about this story but now i highly recommend it
Matthew Ross DeLorenzo (11/19/02)

Brian Jacques is a great man and writes great book! Castaways of the flying Dutchman is just 1 of his great hits!
Let Brian and his books live on forever!
Bobby (11/03/02)

Brilliant, just plain brilliant

• Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...
  • Book Jacket: Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    Murder at the 42nd Street Library
    by Con Lehane
    It doesn't matter if you're stopping in your favorite library to quickly pick up a book, or settling...

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

Win The Children

From NYT bestselling author Ann Leary

The captivating story of an unconventional New England family.

Girl Waits with Gun