MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

BigButt's'R'Us (05/01/02)

This is a good read and anybody whoever liked Redwall will like this book.
A Fan (04/30/02)

I love this book! I can't put it down. It's just non' stop action. You think you going to stop for a bit but then Jacpues throws a new twist at you. Write more Brian!!!
Redwall Fan (04/28/02)

This was a really good book. The only part I didn't like was the ending, because it leaves you hanging. I have read all of the Redwall books, and I found this book by accident. I read the first paragraph and my attention was caught. I recommend this to anyone old enough to understand the vocabulary used.
The Best (04/23/02)

The Castaways of the flying Dutchman is awesome. I loved it sooooo much. it is different than jacques's other books but it is so interesting that you cant stop reading it this is a must read for all other jacques fans I hope he does more stuff like this!!! ;)
Avid Reader (04/19/02)

I truly enjoyed this book. At first glance, the idea of a boy and his dog, galavanting across the globe saving people and talking to one another seemed silly. However, it was written so well, and the characters all seem so real and friendly. I couldn't put the book down.
MOM (04/08/02)

I am a mother of a 12 year old. This book was given as a gift to my son. I picked it up and started reading it and loved it. I love how it keeps your interest starting from the first paragraphy. I wish more adult books kept your interest as well as this book did. I know you will enjoy it child or adult.
Zac (04/07/02)

great book i love all the clue's and mysteries
poo (04/01/02)

Its a fantasy filled with delight and mystery, brian jacques has filled this book with wonderfully and delicately written skills and a creative plot and story line, an excellent and amazing book.

• Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Velazquez
    The Vanishing Velazquez
    by Laura Cumming
    Author Laura Cumming spins out a tale of obsession and ruin in her latest book, The Vanishing Vel&#...
    The Fair Fight
    by Anna Freeman
    Anna Freeman's debut novel, The Fair Fight, highlights the world of boxing in England during ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

H Now B C?