Reader reviews and comments on Castaways of The Flying Dutchman, plus links to write your own review.

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

by Brian Jacques

Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Mar 2001, 384 pages
    Feb 2002, 368 pages

There are currently 62 reader reviews for Castaways of The Flying Dutchman

Emma (08/09/06)

My fave book
This is my absolute favourite book of all time. I first read it when I was eleven. It was my birthday present, and I thought it looked as very boy-ish (I'm a girl) so I didn't pick it up straight away. Then later that year I had the 'flu and it was the only book in my room that I hadn't read. Once I started I found that I couldn't pull away. The imagery created by Jacques is just astounding: I felt as though I was there. Brian Jacques really gets you feeling for Neb/Ben and Den/Ned. By the sad end, I had grown really attached to them, they seemed real.

It's been four years since I first picked up Castways of the Flying Dutchman and finished it in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and I still haven't found a book that has gripped me more, a book that touched me more, or book that had a more profound effect on me. Castways is the book that I think should be in every library and on every book shelf. My tattered copy knows too: this book is a sure keeper.
Vab (11/13/05)

I dont, uhhh,,.....
This book doesnt really make too much sense at all. Its not too fun to read.
Benj (08/28/05)

castaways of the flying dutchman
it was a really good book with adventure and fantasy filling it to the brim I thouruoghly enjoyed reading it and immediatly bought the sequil. Keep at it, we're counting on you!
James (01/27/05)

A great book better than Redwall thi book was funny.
Nienna Saralonde (12/14/04)

I thought this book was the best book i have ever read and i have read loads after i read this book i went out and bought the second one it was also brill i was devestated when i lost it !!!!!!!!!!! but i have found it again ,thank Go1d!!
Eric Widhson (11/21/04)

I am 13 and still in gradeschool and I was blown away by the book. It kept my attention to the end. Iwas up reading it till 2:30am I coulden't put it down. The characters were expressed very well, and every detail of their features was clearly described. The plot was amazing! I look forward to reading more of his books.
KaboomHahahein (10/19/04)

I read this book for a my ISP assignment and loved it. Hoever the only downside is that i need to find significant symbols in this amazing book... :( WOW! everyone gave this book a 5!
yo (10/12/04)

this book completely STUNK!!! the plot was so horribly confusing and you can not fllow any of the characters, multiple story lkines make the plot even more confusing half of the time i didnt know who was talking!!! Brian Jacques needs to brush up on his writing techniques!

Do No Harm
    by Henry Marsh
    British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh might already be familiar as the subject of the Emmy-winning ...
  • Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

A Certain Age
    by Beatriz Williams

The Roaring Twenties comes to life in this tale of intrigue, romance, and scandal.

Girl Waits with Gun
by Amy Stewart

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q