Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

Stargirl

by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 419 reader reviews for Stargirl

kim kupiec (08/08/07)

StarGirl
I think StarGirl is a great books for kids. It is about a girl who was home schooled for 15 years and then starts to go to normal school. And she meets a boy named Leo and falls in love. I recomend this book to everyone that likes love stories.
Allie (04/16/07)

Amazing Stargirl
This was an amazing book about standing out and being different. A fantastic piece of work everyone should read. Haters are insane I loved this book.
Jessica Michelle (04/11/07)

Stargirl is Awesome
I love this book. I would recommend this book. I love Jerry Spinelli. I am not the type of person that reads books all the time. But I am always up to reading a novel written by Jerry. READ THIS BOOK!!!
Casey S. (02/24/07)

Outstanding
Marvelous, once you pick it up, you won't want to put it down.
IndividualisticChick (10/25/06)

My Review of Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
This book is about being yourself. Stargirl is definitely unique, and nobody stops to realize it. Nobody says thank you for the nice things she does, and nobody really likes her. Except Leo Borlock. He tells Stargirl she should care about what other people think because he's tired of being shunned. The question that sticks in my head for the entire book is what Archie asked Leo: "Whose affection do you value more? Hers, or the others'?" Leo's afraid of the answer. Stargirl teaches Leo so many different things and Leo learns why Stargirl is who she is, and what she does, no matter what anybody thinks. This book is about being yourself, not conforming and learning that one person can make a difference.
Stargirl (09/18/06)

Yaaawwnnn
The book at the beginning is interresting and exciting. Then it ends up getting boring because Stargirl acts like a freak. I hate this book because stargirl acts so gay and freaky.
migdy (06/07/06)

this book was interesting
This book was good because it was interesting and funny, it also had some sad parts in which i liked it too. But in this case it was a good book.
Krystina Abriel (05/31/06)

weird
this book was straight up..weird

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Our wisdom comes from our experience, and our experience comes from our foolishness

K Your F C