Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

Stargirl

by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 418 reader reviews for Stargirl

Melissa (11/30/08)

best book ever
The book by Jerry Spinelli is the best book I have read. I love the romance between Leo and Stargirl it is soo cute. And when she changes to a normal girl that was cool. All I can say is I love that book!!!
andrea (11/09/08)

stargirl
In this thrilling adventure Jerry Spinelli has shown peer pressure through a highschoolers eyes by showing how kids want to fit in and be with the crowd. It also shows how love can bloom into something beautiful if you believe. This heartwarming tale will have you on the edge of your seat. Stargirl is a wonderful book for all types of people from pre-teens to adults this book will make you start thinking.
naomi (11/06/08)

awesome book!!!!
I loved this book . I checked it out of the library and now I want to keep it! Everyone should read it so you can express yourself.
* Girl (09/26/08)

Star Girl
Star Girl is a very good book by Jerry Spinelli. It was simple and very truthful. I would like to have read more about the neighborhood teacher and friend to all the high school kids. It is such a true story. Kids want to be cool and not stand out, but if there is one unique kid who stands out, than they are the target of ridicule and hatred. The kids who stand out are the individuals; the real and honest people who have so much to offer our world and to society. The kids who are reading this book are too young to appreciate it. Yea, you might sort of understand it, but not really. You need to be in high school to really understand uniqueness and the wonderful part of individualism. Teachers assign this book to younger grade levels, and that is an unfortunate mistake.
NarFn14 (09/17/08)

Good Message - Bad Book
My whole class had to read this book for Lit. Most of the boys hated it except for one. (this boy is not me)! My opinion is that it started out good but 1/3 of the way through I lost interest. NO BOY WOULD EVER PICK UP THIS BOOK!
i don't know (09/15/08)

okay
It was an okay book, kinda boring at some parts though.... I thought it had a good ending though....
kat (06/05/08)

stargirl
I thought the book was okay my class is still reading i can't wait till we finished it cause i want to know how Stargirl and Leo end up being. I also like the characters because they made it so realistic.
marisa (06/05/08)

star girl
I thought the book was good. but i wasn't like omg i love this book. but i didn't hate it. my opinion of the setting was that the description of each on was real good because the kids in my class all got similar visions on the setting. i liked the characters.

Stalin's Daughter
    The Romanovs
    by Simon Sebag Montefiore

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All