Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

Stargirl

May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 419 reader reviews for Stargirl

Chrissie (12/06/08)

Unique
Okay so I just finished reading Stargirl. It was for sure unique and really has a good point. I love how Stargirl can be herself around everyone. Jerry Spinelli is by far my favorite "young adult"/childrens author.

Try reading his book "Milkweed" I loved it too.
x
Melissa (11/30/08)

best book ever
The book by Jerry Spinelli is the best book I have read. I love the romance between Leo and Stargirl it is soo cute. And when she changes to a normal girl that was cool. All I can say is I love that book!!!
andrea (11/09/08)

stargirl
In this thrilling adventure Jerry Spinelli has shown peer pressure through a highschoolers eyes by showing how kids want to fit in and be with the crowd. It also shows how love can bloom into something beautiful if you believe. This heartwarming tale will have you on the edge of your seat. Stargirl is a wonderful book for all types of people from pre-teens to adults this book will make you start thinking.
naomi (11/06/08)

awesome book!!!!
I loved this book . I checked it out of the library and now I want to keep it! Everyone should read it so you can express yourself.
* Girl (09/26/08)

Star Girl
Star Girl is a very good book by Jerry Spinelli. It was simple and very truthful. I would like to have read more about the neighborhood teacher and friend to all the high school kids. It is such a true story. Kids want to be cool and not stand out, but if there is one unique kid who stands out, than they are the target of ridicule and hatred. The kids who stand out are the individuals; the real and honest people who have so much to offer our world and to society. The kids who are reading this book are too young to appreciate it. Yea, you might sort of understand it, but not really. You need to be in high school to really understand uniqueness and the wonderful part of individualism. Teachers assign this book to younger grade levels, and that is an unfortunate mistake.
NarFn14 (09/17/08)

Good Message - Bad Book
My whole class had to read this book for Lit. Most of the boys hated it except for one. (this boy is not me)! My opinion is that it started out good but 1/3 of the way through I lost interest. NO BOY WOULD EVER PICK UP THIS BOOK!
i don't know (09/15/08)

okay
It was an okay book, kinda boring at some parts though.... I thought it had a good ending though....
kat (06/05/08)

stargirl
I thought the book was okay my class is still reading i can't wait till we finished it cause i want to know how Stargirl and Leo end up being. I also like the characters because they made it so realistic.

• Book Jacket: Future Home of the Living God
  • Book Jacket: Never Coming Back
    Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

If the Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

E Dog H I D