Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

Stargirl

by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 418 reader reviews for Stargirl

Sarah (01/31/05)

i love this book so much, but just bits of it were kind of boring. if jerry Spenelli reads this(i couldn't get a hold of your address) this book is so wonderful and it has such a great lesson, it should be made into a movie. if there is any way anybody can make this into a movie, they should.When my class read this boook, the next day everybody dressed up as "Stargirls" and wore crazy things and things that they would wear every day if they were brave enough to be as different as Stargirl was. The past weeekend my friend came back to school saying "I'm a Stargirl". We all asked her why and she replied at my soccar game I cheered for the other team. We were so proud of her.
Stargirl Lover 11 (01/30/05)

This was such a great book and it taught me so much...I loved reading it and could not put it down. Most definitely a literary masterpeice by Jerry Spinelli...
star gurl -to friends (01/22/05)

It is one of the greatest books I have ever read. This book shows reality. It bluntly tells the truth of high school. It is the fact that a fifteen-year-old child is brave enough to be true to herself rather than fit in with the crowd as so many of us did. This story is the most touching, to the hearts of hidden teens. Many girls can understand what this book is. It is a heart warming and touching story that makes you think about life. The only downfall of the book was probably the middle when things seemed to lag on. But it was the truth, life is like that. The author did not sugar coat it.
Starboy :-) (01/20/05)

An emotionally provacative book...it shows us how horrid high school teens can be sometimes, towards people that just simply want to be themselves, and not be a member of a herd of sheep.
unknown (01/13/05)

a wonderful book
Shelby (01/01/05)

I like this book, because, it show's and tells you too be different and true your self
hannah w. (12/30/04)

It was an OK book. I've read better books before. This was not Jerry Spinelli's best book, but it was still nice to read.
Anonymous (12/21/04)

Barkskins
    by Annie Proulx

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All