Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

Stargirl

by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli X
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 419 reader reviews for Stargirl

jonny tapiea (02/07/05)

this is a bad book a very bad book but it made me fall a sleep lots of times and it was so boring most of the kids in my class did not read it because it sucks it is the worst book i and everyone else has ever read.
Sarah (01/31/05)

i love this book so much, but just bits of it were kind of boring. if jerry Spenelli reads this(i couldn't get a hold of your address) this book is so wonderful and it has such a great lesson, it should be made into a movie. if there is any way anybody can make this into a movie, they should.When my class read this boook, the next day everybody dressed up as "Stargirls" and wore crazy things and things that they would wear every day if they were brave enough to be as different as Stargirl was. The past weeekend my friend came back to school saying "I'm a Stargirl". We all asked her why and she replied at my soccar game I cheered for the other team. We were so proud of her.
Stargirl Lover 11 (01/30/05)

This was such a great book and it taught me so much...I loved reading it and could not put it down. Most definitely a literary masterpeice by Jerry Spinelli...
star gurl -to friends (01/22/05)

It is one of the greatest books I have ever read. This book shows reality. It bluntly tells the truth of high school. It is the fact that a fifteen-year-old child is brave enough to be true to herself rather than fit in with the crowd as so many of us did. This story is the most touching, to the hearts of hidden teens. Many girls can understand what this book is. It is a heart warming and touching story that makes you think about life. The only downfall of the book was probably the middle when things seemed to lag on. But it was the truth, life is like that. The author did not sugar coat it.
Starboy :-) (01/20/05)

An emotionally provacative book...it shows us how horrid high school teens can be sometimes, towards people that just simply want to be themselves, and not be a member of a herd of sheep.
unknown (01/13/05)

a wonderful book
Shelby (01/01/05)

I like this book, because, it show's and tells you too be different and true your self
hannah w. (12/30/04)

It was an OK book. I've read better books before. This was not Jerry Spinelli's best book, but it was still nice to read.

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P