Reader reviews and comments on Stargirl, plus links to write your own review.

by Jerry Spinelli

Aug 2000, 176 pages
    May 2002, 192 pages

There are currently 418 reader reviews for Stargirl

Alessia (06/02/10)

its a great book.
I find this book very good it teaches children to be who they want to be and never to change for anyone but themselves.

Star Girl is very outgoing she is constantly doing something nobody would even think of doing, at first she is not at all respected by that but after a while people start to notice its great to be unique.

i would recommend it for the ages of 8-15
Sakuni E. (11/12/09)

Loser
This book actually made me absolutely love the books By: Jerry Spinelli! It was so interesting, and it would keep you saying, "One more chapter please!" I think it was interesting and since I researched about the author I could make a lot of connections and even more differences! I personally think he is a really good author and is on the top of my list of favorite authors. For the book Loser, from a scale of 1-5 I would give it a 5. It is really good and you should read it!
Chrissy (09/27/09)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Its a very good book for kids trying to fit in, even when they know they like themselves for who they are.
Breanna (04/23/09)

Stargirl
I think this book is excellent. It teaches Teenagers, and young children that it doesn't matter if you are different from everyone else, you need to stay true to yourself. This book is one of those books that you read a little bit of it, and you have to read more, and won't be able to put it down.
Trueteen (03/25/09)

A Teen Girl Must- Read
The book Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli is a real example of a must read. Spinelli characters come to life in this story about a first love, drama, and a girl that seems to be from another planet.

We hear the the story from the point of Leo, a junior at Mica High. Spinelli’s choice of a male character really enhances the story. We hear his point of view when Stargirl shows herself to the whole of Mica High. From the first chapter Stargirl will suck you in with her ability to be herself. You can tell from her playing the ukulele on the first day she is not afraid of anything. Or is she?

After a hard defeat at the basketball championship Stargirl new fans suddenly turn against her and her positive attitude. They call her a traitor and shun her. Seemingly unaffected, Stargirl clings to the two people she has left, Leo, and Dori Dilson a lifelong fan of Stargirl. Leo who has enjoyed his time with Stargirl, playing “The Card Game” and “erasing himself”, can’t handle the solitude that fate has given her. What will he choose? This book will make you not want to put it down!
Samantha (03/19/09)

awsome
This is a most entertaining book, and I love it and I normally never read.
TaTanisha Fisher (03/11/09)

The book is good
The book was awesome. It is was the best one of all your books,
Chrissie (12/06/08)

Unique
Okay so I just finished reading Stargirl. It was for sure unique and really has a good point. I love how Stargirl can be herself around everyone. Jerry Spinelli is by far my favorite "young adult"/childrens author.

Try reading his book "Milkweed" I loved it too.
x