What readers think of The Wanderer, plus links to write your own review.

The Wanderer

Apr 2002, 320 pages

There are currently 86 reader reviews for The Wanderer

deanna

the wanderer
My fav character in the book was Sophie. I never wanted the to end. I almost fell of my seat reading it.
Kate

5 star
This book was great I didn't want it to end. This book left me on the edge of my seat at all times of the book all I have to say is this was just a great book.
michael

The wanderer by sharon ceech
What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls? (from Section III - The Island)
Caleigh Pietlicki

The Wanderer
I think the wanderer is a great book. I loved it so so much, and hope any one who is out there reading this will love this book too. This book about The Wanderer is an inspirational and imaginative book for all ages. I am not a expert at writing reviews but I hope that you do like The Wanderer in the same way I did cause its awesomely awesome. Sophie and her three uncles and two cousins sail across the ocean to England to visit there grandpa Bompie. along the way the crew share stories, talents, and interests. They do get in some fights but they get through them slowly.
Beauty Tombler

Very Good
This is a very fun, good, interesting book for kids, I got this book off the shelf to read with my little sister and she enjoyed it a lot! Easy to understand and thrilling!
:))Sabrina

The Wanderer Review
I loved this book! My class and I read Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech, and I thought it was a great book! I read The Wanderer for a book report I was doing, and absolutely loved her writing style for the book. It was intimate and made me want to read more, and I would suggest this book to anyone who hasn't read it. :)
ellie:)

great book
I loved this book so much it had a great plot ,and I was very happy I picked off the shelf at the library. This is a great book about a 13 year old girl named Sophie who lost her parents when she was little and got a new family many years later who love her very much!
Readerofcreech

AWESOME!!
I loved this book because of the emotional factors Creech has once again put into words. I have also read Chasing Rebird, Walk Two Moons, and many others!! Loved them all!!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...
  • Book Jacket: The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman is the comedic debut novel of writer Julietta Henderson. It ...
  • Book Jacket: In Search of a Kingdom
    In Search of a Kingdom
    by Laurence Bergreen
    The Age of Exploration in the early modern period, lasting roughly from the 15th through 16th ...
  • Book Jacket: Under a White Sky
    Under a White Sky
    by Elizabeth Kolbert
    You can never go back home...so the saying goes. According to Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer ...

Of Women and Salt
by Gabriela Garcia
A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.

A S I T closet