Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

by Arthur Golden

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Sep 1997, 434 pages
    Jan 1999, 434 pages

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

Sumedha (08/09/04)

A lovely tale of a Kyoto geisha's discipline and endurance.
The finest steel is tempered in the hottest fire. And dreams do come true.
Amy (07/07/04)

Memoirs of geisha is a brilliant book depicting the story of a young girl growing up to become a geisha is the district Gion of Kyoto. The book is written such a way that you feel as you are see the world through Sayuri's life through her hardships and happiness. I highly recommend this book, despite its slight flat ending, though this is deffiantly made up by the rest of the book. Lets hope Arthur Golden has a few more hidden surprises up his sleeves.
Rose I (06/27/04)

greatly written, it take you in a world you may not have understood and clairly paints the picture so you can see it. Arthur Golden wrote a marvellous first book. I definitely recommend it.
Masako (06/10/04)

i loved it, beautifully written and unique, with so much emotion involved. While reading this book anyone will feel as if they have entered into another world. A world that is now slightly dissapearing. Read it and you'll believe me when i say that it is the most fantastic book .ever
BOB (06/10/04)

The research and time spent in the writing of this book must of been enormous. It seems authentic, believable and romantic like a fairy tale at the same time. You fall in love with the characters and they seem like friends so you feel love nad compassion for them feel their pain, joy and jealously.
tsering (05/20/04)

This book should get three thumbs up... it's very well written... the author has written it so beautifully and simple... It makes you cry and happy... one of my "ALL TIMES FAVORITE..."
Pablo Cardenas (05/14/04)

i love this book. im actually into it and i've never read a book all the way until now. thank you. i hope to meet a geisha some day.
Tamara (05/09/04)

A fantastically decieving story relayed with such attention to detail that i felt emmersed in the until now secretive world of the geisha. Brilliantly captivating, a new favourite that is sure to become and old one. I recomend it to everyone!!!

• Book Jacket: Before We Sleep