Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

by Arthur Golden

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden X
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Sep 1997, 434 pages
    Jan 1999, 434 pages

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

stacey (02/05/05)

Memiors of a Geisha was truly a wonderful book. It was so realistic that I felt as though I fell into the novel's world. I felt like I was in Japan during that time and experiencing everything through her eyes. I couldn't believe that Sayuri was a fictional character. If she wasn't, I would want to meet her! Also, I found out they are making a movie from this amazing novel and it will be out later in the year of 2005. For those who haven't read it, you must!
Estrellita (01/27/05)

This book is really so wonderful , i haven't even finished it completely yet and i had to comment on it , i cannot , i repeat cannot put it down. The story is so beautifully written . I reccomend it very highly.
Angela (01/26/05)

stunning story ever told
Kim (01/24/05)

This is the best book I've ever read. Not only does it make me not want to put it down but I've never felt so close to a character such as Nitta Sayuri. She tells her story with such emotion that I myself got so drawn into the story that I felt a part of me was missing when I finished the book.
It is a compelling story that has opened up my eyes to a world I didn't know existed before this book. It is a fantastic book and I would recommend it to everyone.
Kathy (01/22/05)

No story has ever stuck with me the way this one has. I rarely read a book more than once, but I have read this one four times, and I can't get enough of it. When it's over, I feel empty as if I've lost touch with a close friend. This gorgeously written novel is a true masterpiece.
Tami (01/17/05)

This is one of the most enchanting novel i have read. It feels like the geisha is talking to you directly.... Must read...
rosi (12/09/04)

This book is the most captivating work of fiction that I have ever read. I loved the way the author supported and enhanced his dreamy romance with harsh basis in reality. However, I dislike (this is my only complaint) the message that is transmitted that a bright, attractive, ambitious girl will lead an unfulfilled life until she finds a man to dote on. But I do see how this message is relavent to that culture in that time, and how it lends to the fairy-tale romance in the book. Overall, this was a wonderful experience!
Gabe (11/18/04)

This book capturs you from the first page to the last. I could not put it down. Read it in 4 days. You really feel for the characters and can see and feel all her emotions. A must read for everybody.

• Book Jacket: Future Home of the Living God
    by Alison McGhee

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Elizabeth Berg

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

E Dog H I D