MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

Simba (01/06/04)

Excellent. Truly excellent!
Sarah Last (10/09/03)

A truly engrossing story. The reader suffers, triumphs, dreams and doubts with the heroine, all the wa through...These memoirs are beautifully written.Rarely has a world so closed and foreign been evoked with such natural assurance. It evokes a vanished World with absolute conviction and in every detail... Enlessly facinating
Yayne (10/07/03)

I read Memoirs of a Geisha a year ago and one particular sentence caught my attention. I can never seem to forget at all. Goes something like this, I wish that time would start turning back...I wished so hard that if it had been possible, time would have started turning back just from the force of my hard wishing." I am not too sure if I have the exact words written, however, this line fully explanined her sense of helplessness and regret.
JANE (09/26/03)

I really like this book very much. I could imagine myself as Sayuri. I will cry when she is sad and smile when she is happy. I didn't know how struggling life was being a geisha, until I've read this book.Memoir Of Geish makes me appreciate my life more. Sayuri was so strong and tough that no matter how worst the situation, she'll never give up. I really like her personality and she let me realise that everything is possible as longs as we hold on to it. Life without hope is meaningless and I would never let that happen to me. Thanks to Arthur Golden.
bert (09/26/03)

I did like the book but the ending did not have enough information after the whole book described the acts of actually being a Geisha as it left me wanting more about the facts in New York and then end of her life.
Jamie (09/06/03)

i loved this book i was the best book that i have ever read and i read it about 4 times and still cry
Patrizia Cudina (08/26/03)

This book is so great, I don`t have any words to describe how I like it!!
phiphi (07/26/03)

one of the best books i've ever read, i'm reading it for the second time, what i usually don't..thanks to mr golden for this novel

• Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Velazquez
    The Vanishing Velazquez
    by Laura Cumming
    Author Laura Cumming spins out a tale of obsession and ruin in her latest book, The Vanishing Vel&#...
    The Fair Fight
    by Anna Freeman
    Anna Freeman's debut novel, The Fair Fight, highlights the world of boxing in England during ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

H Now B C?