Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

Simba (01/06/04)

Excellent. Truly excellent!
Sarah Last (10/09/03)

A truly engrossing story. The reader suffers, triumphs, dreams and doubts with the heroine, all the wa through...These memoirs are beautifully written.Rarely has a world so closed and foreign been evoked with such natural assurance. It evokes a vanished World with absolute conviction and in every detail... Enlessly facinating
Yayne (10/07/03)

I read Memoirs of a Geisha a year ago and one particular sentence caught my attention. I can never seem to forget at all. Goes something like this, I wish that time would start turning back...I wished so hard that if it had been possible, time would have started turning back just from the force of my hard wishing." I am not too sure if I have the exact words written, however, this line fully explanined her sense of helplessness and regret.
JANE (09/26/03)

I really like this book very much. I could imagine myself as Sayuri. I will cry when she is sad and smile when she is happy. I didn't know how struggling life was being a geisha, until I've read this book.Memoir Of Geish makes me appreciate my life more. Sayuri was so strong and tough that no matter how worst the situation, she'll never give up. I really like her personality and she let me realise that everything is possible as longs as we hold on to it. Life without hope is meaningless and I would never let that happen to me. Thanks to Arthur Golden.
bert (09/26/03)

I did like the book but the ending did not have enough information after the whole book described the acts of actually being a Geisha as it left me wanting more about the facts in New York and then end of her life.
Jamie (09/06/03)

i loved this book i was the best book that i have ever read and i read it about 4 times and still cry
Patrizia Cudina (08/26/03)

This book is so great, I don`t have any words to describe how I like it!!
phiphi (07/26/03)

one of the best books i've ever read, i'm reading it for the second time, what i usually don't..thanks to mr golden for this novel

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk
    by Kathleen Rooney

"Effervescent with verve, wit, and heart" - Booklist, starred review

The Girl Before
    by JP Delaney

An enthralling psychological thriller of duplicity, death, and deception.

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages