MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

Simba (01/06/04)

Excellent. Truly excellent!
Sarah Last (10/09/03)

A truly engrossing story. The reader suffers, triumphs, dreams and doubts with the heroine, all the wa through...These memoirs are beautifully written.Rarely has a world so closed and foreign been evoked with such natural assurance. It evokes a vanished World with absolute conviction and in every detail... Enlessly facinating
Yayne (10/07/03)

I read Memoirs of a Geisha a year ago and one particular sentence caught my attention. I can never seem to forget at all. Goes something like this, I wish that time would start turning back...I wished so hard that if it had been possible, time would have started turning back just from the force of my hard wishing." I am not too sure if I have the exact words written, however, this line fully explanined her sense of helplessness and regret.
JANE (09/26/03)

I really like this book very much. I could imagine myself as Sayuri. I will cry when she is sad and smile when she is happy. I didn't know how struggling life was being a geisha, until I've read this book.Memoir Of Geish makes me appreciate my life more. Sayuri was so strong and tough that no matter how worst the situation, she'll never give up. I really like her personality and she let me realise that everything is possible as longs as we hold on to it. Life without hope is meaningless and I would never let that happen to me. Thanks to Arthur Golden.
bert (09/26/03)

I did like the book but the ending did not have enough information after the whole book described the acts of actually being a Geisha as it left me wanting more about the facts in New York and then end of her life.
Jamie (09/06/03)

i loved this book i was the best book that i have ever read and i read it about 4 times and still cry
Patrizia Cudina (08/26/03)

This book is so great, I don`t have any words to describe how I like it!!
phiphi (07/26/03)

one of the best books i've ever read, i'm reading it for the second time, what i usually don't..thanks to mr golden for this novel

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun