MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Memoirs of a Geisha, plus links to write your own review.

Memoirs of a Geisha

There are currently 104 reader reviews for Memoirs of a Geisha

Simba (01/06/04)

Excellent. Truly excellent!
Sarah Last (10/09/03)

A truly engrossing story. The reader suffers, triumphs, dreams and doubts with the heroine, all the wa through...These memoirs are beautifully written.Rarely has a world so closed and foreign been evoked with such natural assurance. It evokes a vanished World with absolute conviction and in every detail... Enlessly facinating
Yayne (10/07/03)

I read Memoirs of a Geisha a year ago and one particular sentence caught my attention. I can never seem to forget at all. Goes something like this, I wish that time would start turning back...I wished so hard that if it had been possible, time would have started turning back just from the force of my hard wishing." I am not too sure if I have the exact words written, however, this line fully explanined her sense of helplessness and regret.
JANE (09/26/03)

I really like this book very much. I could imagine myself as Sayuri. I will cry when she is sad and smile when she is happy. I didn't know how struggling life was being a geisha, until I've read this book.Memoir Of Geish makes me appreciate my life more. Sayuri was so strong and tough that no matter how worst the situation, she'll never give up. I really like her personality and she let me realise that everything is possible as longs as we hold on to it. Life without hope is meaningless and I would never let that happen to me. Thanks to Arthur Golden.
bert (09/26/03)

I did like the book but the ending did not have enough information after the whole book described the acts of actually being a Geisha as it left me wanting more about the facts in New York and then end of her life.
Jamie (09/06/03)

i loved this book i was the best book that i have ever read and i read it about 4 times and still cry
Patrizia Cudina (08/26/03)

This book is so great, I don`t have any words to describe how I like it!!
phiphi (07/26/03)

one of the best books i've ever read, i'm reading it for the second time, what i usually don't..thanks to mr golden for this novel

• Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    The Lost Child
    by Caryl Phillips
    The Lost Child is a modern novel constructed within a historical frame, invoking one of the most ...

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win The Charmers

The Charmers by Elizabeth Adler

"This tale of romantic suspense makes the perfect beach read."
—Library Journal