MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Jacki (07/13/03)

this book was full boring at the start, but then after i while i really got into it and it was so much better than i thought it would be. i wouldnt rate it 5, just because it was a book... but it was pretty good as far as books go. i just dont like most of the characters much, except pieter the son, if it was a movie he'd probably be hot...
Irene (05/15/03)

The Girl with a Pearl Earring was an intresting book. I learned a lot about Delft in the 1600s, and a believable story about the young girl, Griet who worked for the famous artis Vermeer, however, this book did not captivate me, and went on and on in differant parts of the book.
maRGas (03/11/03)

i really didnt like it. For people that dont really like reading, it really doesnt encourage thjem to want to read ever again
Anonymous (12/03/02)

This book is an excellent book to read. It's enjoyable and informative at the same time. I really liked this book because it had a great plot, and just the right amount of details. This book is a great choice for the high school student. This is one of my favorite books. (age 14 )
Leila (11/25/02)

You can trapped alongside the main character in all her trials and tribulations. You wish for her happiness and cry for pains. You really get stuck in her world, and can't get out until the last page. It's marvelous.
Jessica (11/12/02)

I loved reading this book. Through the narration you were able to experience life in 17th century Holland, and get a glimpse into the life of an extremely interesting girl.
Irene Tomson (11/12/02)

I'm Irene Tomson (16!!) from Holland, and I read the book "girl with a pearl earring" last year. I have seen the painting of Vermeer a couple of times in The Hague and I really like the painting. As I imagine a lot of people do, I was really drawn to the idea of not knowing who this girl in this famous portret was. And reading this book made me imagine only more about the possibilities of who this could be.
I really enjoyed the book, the only weird thing was reading Dutch names and reading about Dutch places and thing, in English!! But I love it. I really like art, and this book makes you look at it just as the painter (might) has done.
Pantz (11/11/02)

This book is completely stupid and pointless

• Book Jacket: Everybody's Fool
    Everybody's Fool
    by Richard Russo
    Written from multiple viewpoints, Everybody's Fool features an ensemble cast of inhabitants ...
  • Book Jacket: The Strings of Murder
    The Strings of Murder
    by Oscar de Muriel
    As Jack the Ripper eludes the police at Scotland Yard in London and all efforts to catch the most ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Was Your Girl
    If I Was Your Girl
    by Meredith Russo
    Who defines us? Do we ourselves, or does the society in which we live? Meredith Russo's ...

The Life of the World to Come
    by Dan Cluchey

Smart, sad and crackling with wit, a book about love, life and what happens after.

Since She Went Away
    by David Bell

A chilling novel of guilt, regret, and a past which refuses to die...

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

C To T Q